Bath seat suggestions

My avatar
Juli
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Bath seat suggestions

Postby Juli » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:34 pm

Hi everyone,

Our little girl is 4 months old now. We've been using a towelling covered bath seat like this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pink-Beaba-Baby-Bath-Seat/dp/B001F1LACA but she's getting too wriggly for it. Every 30 seconds we have to put her back on it because she keeps wriggling off the side. She can't go just in the bath without anything because she keeps rolling onto her side all the time. And I don't think she's quite old enough for a sitting up kind of bath seat yet. Any suggestions?

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Bath seat suggestions

Postby lazylexis » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:44 pm

we have this one

but usually I just hold him with one hand and wash with the other http://www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Product ... 768741.htm

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:53 pm

When the toots were that age, and probably up to 9 months or so I used to bath them both in an inch of water. They used to love moving about in the water. It was a lot easier than using a seat.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:11 pm

This is the one we used for DD when she was tiny.

My avatar
Juli
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Juli » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:45 pm

gilbertandmartha wrote:When the toots were that age, and probably up to 9 months or so I used to bath them both in an inch of water. They used to love moving about in the water. It was a lot easier than using a seat.

The reason why I can't do that is that I have two others in the bath as well, who wouldn't appreciate having their bath only an inch deep :giggle:

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:01 pm

@Juli me too so I do 1 inch or so for 5 mins while they 'help' me bath lola, then I fill up for them. Unless I'm being mean and they all just get a quick dunk :giggle:

My avatar
jennifer91
Clothie
Clothie

Postby jennifer91 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:27 am

They need to be sitting unaided well before they can sit on an aquapod.

Get an ergonomic bath support, you can get them in the supermarkets they are brilliant It's basically the mamas and papas one above for £22 but they are about £12 cheaper in Tesco/ASDA etc

Return to Baby and Toddler