hf1

What do I need for a new baby? List update p. 4

My avatar
Sophiebeth23
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: What do I need for a new baby? List added pg 3 :)

Postby Sophiebeth23 » Sun May 04, 2014 9:33 pm

Very organised.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: What do I need for a new baby?

Postby clothmama » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:48 am

• 30ish nappies (will have a mix of flat / fitted / probably some other things as well. Already have 6 terrys and I think 6 smalls from Nichola but like to have properly NB nappies as I dont' like too bulky - also have some prefolds will have to dig them out and see what I have)
  • 5 PUL wraps (have already ordered 1 Nature babies small and already have a XS Rikki (need to find it and check the elastic etc is OK still))
  • 4 shorties / soakers (have 2 smalls from Nicola so 2 to make)
  • 6 sleepgowns (to make)
  • 6 vests (to buy)
  • 10 onsies / outfits (mix of make / buy. Have one little top already)
  • 3 hats (already have 2 - will probably make another before baby arrives once I know the colour)
  • 5 pairs of socks / booties
  • Some muslin wraps for swaddling (very big here and I love love love it - it makes for very happy babies!!). Will make some if I can find some material (which I haven't spotted any I love yet) or buy.
  • A new blanket (to :crochet: )
  • Burp cloths (to make - have seen very cute ones!)
  • Crib - can have the one my little sis had - will probably need sanding and re-painting so not sure if I want to go that route! J is also quite keen on making one now he has his lathe.
  • Slings - I'm thinking a stretchy and a woven. I think I'll make the stretchy and buy the woven.
  • Parent facing pushchair (I already have a stroller for later but want to have a parent facing as the early one as I'll be doing school runs etc with it). I have whittled down to which one I want and they come up quite regualrly 2nd hand so I think I'll do that as I can't justify spending heaps when we will use a sling heaps and then go over to the stroller at some point (or perhaps mum can use that).
  • Car seat - I'll get the birth to 4 type - won't bother with a capsule I don't think, I'll just use the pushchair and the sling.
  • Breast pump

So from that lot I end up with a to buy and a to make list!
To make:
  • 2 small soakers / shorties
  • Some pretty prefolds (I'm sure I've already got some hanging around somewhere so I'll just make them cute!)
  • 6 sleep gowns
  • 5 onsies / outfits
  • Crochet blanket
  • Burp cloths
  • Stretchy sling

To buy:
  • 20 nappies :yahoo: :yahoo:
  • 3 PUL wraps
  • 6 vests
  • 5 onsies/ outfits
  • 5 pairs of socks
  • Muslin wraps
  • Sling
  • Pushchair
  • Car seat
  • material and cotton yarn for blanket and wool for woolies
  • Breast pump
  • Milk storage pots
[/quote]
I dont' have a breast pump yet but there was some Tommee Tippee breast milk storage containers down from $12 for 4 to $5 so we got 2 packs of that :giggle: Other than that shopping still not going far as waiting for results of my test so I know what I'm having!

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:23 am

exciting!

My avatar
shinycat
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby shinycat » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:46 pm

IMO you don't need 5 pairs of socks, they never get dirty as they don't get walked on! Unless you want them in different colours to co-ordinate with outfits of course....!

Most important thing you do need is to stock up your freezer with as much bolognese/chilli/curry/pasta sauce/casseroles/frozen chips/fishfingers etc etc as you can fit in so you don't have to even think about cooking for at least 6 weeks. Best bit of organising I did before I had number 2 as you have to have dinner on the table for the kids, no matter how exhausted you are!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:38 am

shinycat wrote:IMO you don't need 5 pairs of socks, they never get dirty as they don't get walked on! Unless you want them in different colours to co-ordinate with outfits of course....!

Weeeelllllll I do like matching :giggle:

shinycat wrote:Most important thing you do need is to stock up your freezer with as much bolognese/chilli/curry/pasta sauce/casseroles/frozen chips/fishfingers etc etc as you can fit in so you don't have to even think about cooking for at least 6 weeks. Best bit of organising I did before I had number 2 as you have to have dinner on the table for the kids, no matter how exhausted you are!

That is a really really good point! Lots and lots of slow cooker mega cook ups when the time gets closer!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: What do I need for a new baby?

Postby clothmama » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:07 am

So just looking at my list and where I'm up to! I'm very aware I only have 5 paydays left until mat leave :shock: :shock: . I've bolded what I need to do / buy!
clothmama wrote:
  • 30ish nappies (will have a mix of flat / fitted / probably some other things as well. Already have 6 terrys and I think 6 smalls from Nichola but like to have properly NB nappies as I dont' like too bulky - also have some prefolds will have to dig them out and see what I have) - do a proper dig out of all nappies and actually count what I have!
  • 5 PUL wraps
    * 1 Nature babies small
    * XS Rikki
    * 1 home made fish NB
    * Make 2 small ones
  • 4 shorties / soakers (have 2 smalls from Nicola so 2 to make)
  • 6 sleepgowns (to make)
  • 6 vests (to buy) bought :D
  • 10 onsies / outfits (mix of make / buy. Have one little top already) To count - I think I have enough though as I know I'll get things from work, family etc
  • 3 hats (already have 2 - will probably make another before baby arrives once I know the colour) Got a cute one from the basket that the lovely ladies make and bring to work, I rarely see one I like so grabbed it when I saw it :giggle:
  • 5 pairs of socks / booties - I think I have a 3 pack so maybe a couple more but may not bother until it gets cooler
  • Some muslin wraps for swaddling (very big here and I love love love it - it makes for very happy babies!!). Will make some if I can find some material (which I haven't spotted any I love yet) or buy. Just buy one as one girl at work said that is what she is going to get me!
  • A new blanket (to :crochet: ) - to finish
  • Burp cloths (to make - have seen very cute ones!)
  • Crib - can have the one my little sis had - will probably need sanding and re-painting so not sure if I want to go that route! J is also quite keen on making one now he has his lathe. Get crib off sister and paint if needed and measure / order matress
  • Slings - I'm thinking a stretchy and a woven. I think I'll make the stretchy and buy the woven. Make ring sling - have purchase stretchy.
  • Parent facing pushchair (I already have a stroller for later but want to have a parent facing as the early one as I'll be doing school runs etc with it). I have whittled down to which one I want and they come up quite regualrly 2nd hand so I think I'll do that as I can't justify spending heaps when we will use a sling heaps and then go over to the stroller at some point (or perhaps mum can use that). All purchased :yahoo: happy new owner of P&T smart buggy :widesmile:
  • Car seat - I'll get the birth to 4 type - won't bother with a capsule I don't think, I'll just use the pushchair and the sling.

So from that lot I end up with a to buy and a to make list!
To make:
  • 2 small soakers / shorties
  • Some pretty prefolds (I'm sure I've already got some hanging around somewhere so I'll just make them cute!) I have decided life is too short and I'm making cute covers which will be fine!
  • 6 sleep gowns
  • 5 onsies / outfits
  • Crochet blanket - finish
  • Burp cloths
  • Stretchy sling Ring sling
  • 2 PUL wraps
  • 2 crochet wool soakers
  • Small nappies - need to count what I have first
  • Minki blanket/s

To buy:
  • 20 nappies :yahoo: :yahoo: I think I'm doing OK and am going to DIY more than I had planned on - need to count and check
  • 5 onsies/ outfits
  • 5 pairs of socks
  • Muslin wraps x 1
  • Sling
  • Pushchair
  • Car seat
  • material and cotton yarn for blanket and wool for woolies
  • Breast pump - will get from UK

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:13 am

And when should I start washing everything?? I feel like such a newbie at all of this as it has been so long! And have I missed anything?

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: What do I need for a new baby? List update p. 4

Postby ems101 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:33 pm

How are you doing for nappies? Ben has just reached tge end of his ll sz1 pockets. Id love to gift them to you if you'd like to try them @clothmama. They are meant to be 7-18lb I think but id say more like 9-20lb

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: What do I need for a new baby? List update p. 4

Postby clothsister » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:34 am

You're missing breast pads from your list. I love mine from @littlesez x

PreviousNext

Return to Baby and Toddler