hf1

Holiday panic with in laws

My avatar
Dancing mum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Holiday panic with in laws

Postby Dancing mum » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:00 pm

I think your sil and mine should go on holiday together!
I'm dreading having to listen to our nephew (18 months) crying at bed time.
Dh told his bro we probably wouldn't be taking the pushchair and just baby wearing instead (if nothing else it's just one less thing to take on and off the plane) and he said his bro's eyebrows nearly reached his hairline in disapproval

My avatar
Dancing mum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Dancing mum » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:01 pm

:giggle:
Oh well, should be an interesting holiday for both of us by the sound of it!

My avatar
Sophiebeth23
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Sophiebeth23 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:37 am

I'm contemplating letting my sil change dd nappy that should be fun. My brother in law said quiet proudly that disposables are great as they last 12 hours, so only 2 nappy changes a day. No wonder my nephew has such bad nappy rash.

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:51 am

Oh my god! @Sophiebeth23 and @Dancing mum ...you are going to have to take note of all the stupid things your inlaws say save them up every night then report them to us to "discuss" at least that way you'll just smile when they say inappropriate things, thinking what we'll say back. Disposables lasting 12 hours is a preposterous thing to say! 2-3 hours max otherwise your poor child has been in it's own per for 12 hours!

As long as you aren't forcing your opinions on them what right do they have to force their opinions on you? Grr...

My avatar
Dancing mum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Dancing mum » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:04 pm

The irony is @clothsister I try not to say anything at all now about any parenting decisions we make and yet they still seem to pass judgment any chance they get :shock:
@sophiebeth23... bless your nephew and his poor little bottom only getting 2 / 3 nappies a day :(
I like the idea of getting sil to change a nappy (preferably a pooy one :hohoho: )
Look forwards to hearing the reports about all the funny things your in-laws say at Centre Parcs... you've got to be able to laugh about it or it'll just stress you out too much :giggle:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:54 am

Oh dear! Best of luck to both of you and I agree, looking forward to hearing the wonderful things they come out with :giggle:

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:31 pm

Are you back yet? Any funny tales to tell?

My avatar
Dancing mum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Dancing mum » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:48 pm

Well we got home yesterday from holiday with in-laws... What a week!
Didn't have internet connection so couldn't do updates as I went along (which might have been good way to let off steam) but the end result is that I'm shattered and DH doesn't want to see sister-in-law for a VERY long time!
Oh well, Sunday could be interesting as all have to meet up again for a 'farewell' as my father-in-law and wife are heading back to New Zealand after their 2 week trip here. Has been great having them over but I think even they found the holiday a bit hard going at times!

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:04 am

Oh no, that bad????what happened @Dancing mum

Sorry to hear they were as judgemental as you had feared!

PreviousNext

Tag Words

All tags for this topic

Return to Baby and Toddler