hf1

One very unhappy baby (&mummy)

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

One very unhappy baby (&mummy)

Postby clothsister » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:25 pm

So since 1pm Penny has screamed.... Constantly.... Unless attached to the boob where she'll half heartedly feed whilst falling asleep, only to wake up and scream either ten minutes later or as soon as I remove the boob from her mouth.

DH is at work today and away tonight so I'm dying inside! I'm exhausted and emotional.

She's had a horrid cold &cough for a week, I think she may have a sore throat as voice is croaky when crying and trapped wind as well, I was crunching her knees up to her chest and she was trumping for England! She's just generally in distress. Not sure if it's wind with a sore throat and a growth spurt. Plus she's really dribbly so not even sure she's not teething as well! :(

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Re: One very unhappy baby (&mummy)

Postby sim » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:56 pm

:hug: :hug: for both of you.

Have you tried some calpol if she's got a sore throat or if you think she's teething?
The screaming may well mean she is swallowing too much air and ending up with wind which just adds to the misery.

Can you just go to bed with her so you at least get a bit of rest? Everything else will wait!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:19 pm

Sorry Lucy, I hadn't seen this when I asked what was going on on the other thread :hug: @clothsister

clothsister wrote:I think she may have a sore throat as voice is croaky when crying and trapped wind as well, I was crunching her knees up to her chest and she was trumping for England! She's just generally in distress. Not sure if it's wind with a sore throat and a growth spurt. Plus she's really dribbly so not even sure she's not teething as well! :(

That sounds horrid for both of you :hug: I agree with Sim, give her some panadol so at least if she is in pain that will be eased. Have you got anything for the wind, drops or gripe water or anything like that? Get some of that into her as well between the two things hopefully you can get her out of pain so that you can both get some sleep. Massive hugs it is horrid when they have days like that and Neil not being home is obviously making it worse as you can't hand her over and go and have 5 minutes break. Thinking of you, if you are besides yourself in the night just text me and I'll call you. :cnthug:

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:39 am

I think she had a bad stomach. About 10pm last night she had the most enormous poo and trump.

Then settled well. Thank god. She then slept 10:30-5:00 :yahoo: :yahoo:

She's still a bit rattly and was still coughing really badly last night, so I didn't quite get the full sleep. X

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:46 am

Awww poor little sausage! I'm glad you found your reason and that she had such a good sleep :yahoo: :yahoo:

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby sim » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:15 am

Aww, poor girly!
Glad she settled in the end!

My avatar
cuppachaplz