hf1

Poor Dd1

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Poor Dd1

Postby clothsister » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:49 am

just woke up to find there was no DH in bed, went downstairs to see if he was still awake but it's all shut down, found him asleep with Chloe. She woke up when he went to check on her and he took her temperature and it was 39.9!!!!!!!!!! He gave her some calpol which was about an hour and a half ago and her temp has dropped to 38.3. Feel awful because every fibre of my being wants to be with her but I'm feeding Pennu right now but can't really leave Neil with Penny as he has no boobs. :cry: :cry: :cry: my poor baby needs me but I can't be there with her.

No idea what's causing the temp. She wasn't feeling great this afternoon and even asked to try and have a nap but couldn't drop off. There's a lot of chicken pox going round her school and although she's already had it, am I right in thinking her body could still react to the virus rather than coming out in spots again. Not sure I'm making much sense just wish I could be in 2 places.

DH is sleeping in her room (she has a single bed that pulls out to a king size and it's on king size mode at the moment) I've taken her winter duvet off her and put the summer one back on.

Anything else I can do?

X

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Poor Dd1

Postby clothmama » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:52 am

Oh no poor love :hug:

I know you want to be with her but Neil has done all the right things and her temp is coming down nicely :hug: I'd maybe just check it again after you have finished feeding Penny. Is she wearing winter jammies, could you strip her into just her singlet? I am happy with my kids temps being under 38.5, if it goes above I'd tend to give Nurafen as well to keep temps in control.

My avatar
MrC
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Admin

Postby MrC » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:02 am

Hope she feels better soon :hug:

39.9 would have me worried, but it sounds like you have it under control with the Calpol now?

Keep checking her temp often to make sure it doesn't get back up there. I'd call someone if you can't keep it down or you notice any other odd symtoms.

http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv ... r_children

When to see your doctor
Trust your own instincts, but seek medical help if your child:
Is aged six months or less
Has a rash
Has a fever of 40°C or more
Is still feverish after a day or so, despite four-hourly doses of baby paracetamol
Vomits or has persistent diarrhoea
Refuses food or drink
Cries inconsolably
Seems listless, floppy or just looks ill
Convulses or twitches
Has trouble breathing
Is in pain
If you feel at all worried or concerned at any stage, consult with your doctor.

Treatment for a fever
Dress your child in light clothing.
Give drinks of clear fluid (like water).
Keep your child cool.
Give paracetamol in the correct dose for the child’s age (but not more than four doses in a 24-hour period). Do not give regular paracetamol medicine for more than 24 hours without seeking advice from your doctor.
See your doctor if your child is three months or younger.
Don't give your child a cold bath. Give a lukewarm bath or sponge. Cold water cools the skin but does not lower the body temperature.

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:34 am

Thanks both, temp now happily under control down to 37.8. We have her some nurofen about 15 mins ago. Think it helped changing the duvet she's not in winter pj's as she always gets too hot in winter jammies. So haven't stripped her clothing.

Next question is Penny has her last set of jabs today. Is it worth cancelling until next week to make sure she hasn't caught it? X

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:03 am

Glad it's settling :hug:

Re the jabs maybe call them and ask what they want you to do :hug:

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby beck » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:52 am

Glad it's come down. I'd do the same and ring and double check what they think.

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby g murphy » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:25 pm

@clothsister how is she now? hope she is feeling better. xx

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:53 pm

She's fine thanks honey. Back to her usual terrorising self!

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby g murphy » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:01 pm

Glad to hear that! x

Return to Baby and Toddler