hf1

Wwyd fallen off the sofa with a bump!

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Wwyd fallen off the sofa with a bump!

Postby clothsister » Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:56 pm

so Penny fell off the sofa and seemed to land head first on the wooden floor she was about to go down for a nap so was very tired.

Anyway she seems fine other than screaming. I've bought her up to bed and I'm feeding her but she's fallen asleep. Should I be keeping her awake? I was planning on letting her have a nap but staying with her so that I can hear her breathing and know she's ok. Then was going to only let her sleep for an hour.

Would you??? X

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Wwyd fallen off the sofa with a bump!

Postby sim » Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:58 pm

If she seems otherwise ok and hasn't been sick I'd let her sleep. The advice re not let ting children sleep after a head bump has changed if I recall correctly.

My avatar
BekkiLB
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby BekkiLB » Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:24 pm

A sleep is seamingly very therapeutic after a trauma. So long as she hasn't been sick and doesn't seam overly drowsy she will be fine. Xx

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:37 pm

Ditto. This has happened to my lot lots ;)

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:52 pm

Thanks everyone. She seems fine, she only napped for about 40 mins and she's happy now. X

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby g murphy » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:11 pm

Glad she was ok.

@sim yep the advice has changed to say if it is a normal time for them to sleep then to let them sleep, if you are worried you should gently try to rouse them, eg by stroking their face etc to make sure that they respond. xx

Return to Baby and Toddler