hf1

Poo

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Poo

Postby LynniferT » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:21 pm

So T is eating 3 meals a day with snacks, water and breast feeds but his bowel movements are not soft and cause him pain when he poos.

What can i give him to soften them?

He does eat mostly mummy made baby food (pasta, lentils, meat etc) but does have occasional spaghetti rings or soup and toast croutons for lunch... Is his diet too adult for his little system or do some babies just have firmer poo then others? Help :-?

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Poo

Postby ems101 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:34 pm

More fibre I'd suggest, but I also know this can inhibit iron absorption. Try weatabix, or more pulses less meat. More water, with a little bit of fresh OJ in. Plums pears berries all very good for stool softening. I'd try that for a week or two then see the doc. If he gets used to painful poos he can become retentive which is a pain in the bum (lol!)

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:05 pm

Oh poo! Sorry that's all I could think when I saw the post :giggle:
I think sometimes it's working out what food affects them in what way. As @ems101 says more fibre and fruit. Although pear can have the opposite affect here :doh:

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:20 pm

He does have weetabix for breakie and banana, but maybe not enough other fruit. I'll get some orange juice tomorrow to see if that helps.

@confusinglady thought i'd get right to the 'bottom' of the problem with the title ;)

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:32 pm

LynniferT wrote:He does have weetabix for breakie and banana, but maybe not enough other fruit. I'll get some orange juice tomorrow to see if that helps.

@confusinglady thought i'd get right to the 'bottom' of the problem with the title ;)

:hohoho:

Banana was a culprit here too so maybe exchange that for a plum, peach, nectarine , apricot type thing :thumbsup:

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:33 pm

Banana and oats are constipaters here. Raspberries?

My avatar
LynniferT
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby LynniferT » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:25 pm

I think i might have to see what other breakies i can give T and give the banana and ready break a miss for a few days.

I'll get DH to bring home an assortment of fruit to try too :)

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:23 pm

You'll have a poonami before you know it!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:27 pm

I mix apple puree in with his porridge most mornings and we rarely have any hard poos! I hope he is more comfortable soon. :hug:

Next

Return to Baby and Toddler