hf1

Footmuff or no footmuff?

My avatar
Sarah_F
Clothie
Clothie

Footmuff or no footmuff?

Postby Sarah_F » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:34 am

So I'm very aware that we're heading into winter now, and I've been thinking about ways that I can keep my little Ollie (who's 3 months) warm as the weather gets colder. I found this footmuff
(http://www.prams.net/kaiser-coosy-natur ... ling-black) and I was wondering how effective these were? I think it looks pretty good, but obviously don't want to splash the cash if it's not going to be effective.

How are you going to be ensuring your little ones remain snug?

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Re: Footmuff or no footmuff?

Postby JabberJabber » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:24 am

Ooh, that looks nice. I used one like that, more as my little boy couldn't kick it off. It opened up well so he didn't get overheated.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:11 pm

That does look really lovely but wow it isn't cheap :shock: :shock: I have a sheepskin pram liner and I also have a cosy toes for my big pushchair. When he was really tiny I used to dress him in a furry suit thing when we went out. It would worry me that he would be too hot a lot of the time in that tbh. I think if you spend a lot of time outdoors on long walks or you live in Norway :wink: it would be great, for me I think I'd not end up using it as much as the price warrants.

My avatar
chocmuffin
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby chocmuffin » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:24 pm

I tend to use buggy snuggle type foot muffs and just unzip the front in the summer. Kids usually have their coats or snow suits on when we go out when it gets really cold so these are enough. If its bitterly windy I put the raincover on to protect their little cheeks :freezing:

My avatar
Aeseldyr
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Aeseldyr » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:52 am

We had a Voksi bag it's made of wool so regulates the temp - loved it :love: maybe the best babybuy we did

In DK babies usually naps outside until they are about 2 or 3 and this one has kept mine warm even in the coldest winters

Return to Baby and Toddler