hf1

Keeping a 4 month old busy

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Keeping a 4 month old busy

Postby Frances » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:05 am

Ok, probably wistful thinking, I know, but once she's gone in the door bouncer for the third time in a day I've run out of places to keep her safely occupied while I prepare tea/clean/have 5 mins sit down etc. She can roll over onto her tummy - but not back again - and gets a bit hysterical so the play gym and even cot are no longer safe for her unattended. Any ideas??

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Keeping a 4 month old busy

Postby AnnetteandBen » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:32 pm

At 4 months Ben still had his carrycot on his pushchair wheels so he went in there in the living room, then later got strapped into the pushchair with toys attached. It worked for me as he could see me and play and he was very safe and was sitting up. Failing that a carseat or bouncy chair

My avatar
silvia
Clothie
Clothie

Postby silvia » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:36 pm

I know the feeling!

I've just been wearing my 4 month old, either in front or on my back when I need to do things and she's not happy in her sear/bouncy chair/playpen, etc. I have even been cooking with her on my back, obviously being really careful. Clara seems to like it and she will settle down fairly quickly, and watch what I'm doing or fall asleep.

There are some good videos here http://mamatoto.org/StartHere/OnlineVid ... fault.aspx on how to tie a baby on your back with a wrap. It requires some practice, but after 4 or 5 times it's fairly straightforward.

Hope it helps, good luck!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:38 pm

I was going to suggest a sling too :)

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:13 pm

Thanks all! Will get the pushchair out, plus dig out my Moby wrap :D

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:02 pm

We have a variety of things to try to keep Ben occupied, he does seem to bore easily! We have just got the highchair out of the loft so that I can strap him in but is at our height so he can watch what is going on and I can put toys on the tray. We also have a babywalker which we have never put the wheels on and has just worked for both Charlotte and Ben as a sort of activity centre, he sits in that and can play with (or suck!) the steering wheel. They are his two faves, but yes the sling is always the best way to keep him happy.

My avatar
samandabismum
Clothie
Clothie

Postby samandabismum » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:19 pm

The car seat, baby bouncer or seat will entertain her for a while depending on her mood. But by tea time a sling on my back is the only choice and she is very happy. Saves her from attention from the others in their end of day wild activities.

Return to Baby and Toddler