hf1

Shawl for my sister (it's a Virus!)

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Shawl for my sister (it's a Virus!)

Postby Allie » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:57 pm

clothmama wrote:Thanks @Allie :widesmile: I'm blown away at how the variagation seems to happen at the perfect places!!!

I usually find that too. What yarn is it @clothmama? It's stunning.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:50 pm

Allie wrote:
clothmama wrote:Thanks @Allie :widesmile: I'm blown away at how the variagation seems to happen at the perfect places!!!

I usually find that too. What yarn is it @clothmama? It's stunning.

I have no idea :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: I litterally went to the nearest shop when I was dropping Louis, it is just a cheapy yarn (well as in not a brand! Still cost me €6 / ball but I was in a hurry) I think but a acrylic / wool mix and it is ever so soft which was really important to me as apparently when they are having chemo skin can get uber sensitive. I'll have a look and tell you. I think I may want to get more if I can find it on line and order it as it is just lovely. @Allie

Chemo starts tomorrow, I wish I'd had more time to have this done but round 2 in 3 weeks so my aim is to have it to Lou by then.

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:24 pm

Looks stunning. I need to look on the laptop to see the colours properly.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:09 pm

autumnalgirl wrote:Looks stunning. I need to look on the laptop to see the colours properly.

No, I need to take another photo for you to see the colours properly @autumnalgirl :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho:

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:23 am

Sorry @clothmama life has been so hectic here I completely forgot to come check you tag :oops:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:53 am

0_Lisa_0 wrote:Sorry @clothmama life has been so hectic here I completely forgot to come check you tag :oops:

That's OK! I wondered how you were, I think I tagged a few times on chat too. You pretty much disappeared after you started back at work! I hope you are managing OK @0_Lisa_0 :hug:

Almost finished my 2nd ball of yarn, I do wish I'd been able to buy 4! What does everyone do about changing balls, do you wait until the end of a row, and waste yarn, or just do ti where you run out? @Allie

My colour changes are not as perfect as in the beginning of the shawl either! i don't think it matters though as it all just kind of blends and works!

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:59 am

Just been and put a bit of an update in chat @clothmama ;)

I dont normally worry about colour changes and just switch once I run out. You'll have to show us an updated pic.i hope your sisters chemo is going ok :hug:

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:26 am

clothmama wrote:Almost finished my 2nd ball of yarn, I do wish I'd been able to buy 4! What does everyone do about changing balls, do you wait until the end of a row, and waste yarn, or just do ti where you run out? @Allie

My colour changes are not as perfect as in the beginning of the shawl either! i don't think it matters though as it all just kind of blends and works!

I just change as I need to @clothmama even if it's the middle of a row. I so don't worry too much about colour changes. We need pics!

Previous

Return to Crochet