My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Secret Santa 2011 - sign up here! :)

Postby Louise » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:35 am

If you would like to take part in this swap please read the following guidelines carefully and follow the instructions. Please only reply to this thread to sign up, any comments or questions should be posted in a new thread. Thanks ladies

*You must be a regular poster - meaning that you have been posting frequently on the forum for the last 3 months and have a minimum of 250 posts excluding classifieds and 3 months membership as of Saturday 22 October. Moderators decision will be FINAL as to whether you can join in or not. If you are unsure as to whether you will be able to join in then please PM a Mod before signing up.

*The budget is £25 including RECORDED postage within the UK (for overseas participants standard air mail is adequate as international signed for can be prohibitively expensive)

*Please note this is NOT a craft swap so you should purchase your gift rather than make it. Please also make sure that your gift fits in with your recipients preferences.

*You MUST PM a Moderator once your item has been posted with the Royal Mail recorded delivery reference number (unless sending your item abroad in which case just let a Moderator know it is on its way)

*By signing up you commit to having the time to come and answer ALL the questions asked by other participants and to participate fully in the reveal and guessing threads.

*You have until Saturday 29 October at 10pm to sign up.

*You will receive the name and address of your Secret Santa recipient as soon as possible after this date.

All packages should be clearly marked with "CNT Secret Santa" (**if coming directly from the WAHM then please ensure they comply with this rule**) and posted by recorded delivery (or standard air mail for overseas recipients) by Saturday 10th December (or Saturday 3 December for overseas recipients) to arrive no later than Monday 12th December. Please PM a Moderator with the reference number when you have posted your parcel. **THE GRAND REVEAL WILL BE ON FRIDAY 16TH DECEMBER.**

*REMEMBER - NO PEEKING AT PACKAGES BEFORE THE GRAND REVEAL!!

*Failure to comply with all of these rules will mean you are unable to take part in the next set of 3 swaps (i.e the next Secret Baker, Nappy Secret Santa AND DIY Secret Santa) . After this time you will be able to participate in future swaps providing you follow the guidelines.

*Please note if you failed to comply with the rules for the last swap(s) you took part in (particularly failure to post your package on time and not taking part in the revealing/guessing without a valid reason) then you will be unable to join in with this swap.**

*If you would like to take part please sign up by adding your username, name and likes/dislikes by copying and pasting the questions below and responding to them. Please also ensure that you PM a moderator with your address as soon as you have signed up.

**Please note if you fail to provide satisfactory answers to the questions below or provide your address details by the closing date you will not be able to join in with the swap.** Reminders will be posted on the forum but we will not be contacting individuals privately for their information.

* Once the sign up thread has closed there will be a thread open where you will have the ability to post any questions you need answers to. Please keep your questions to that thread only rather than starting a new one for each question. Thank you ladies and have fun shopping!*

Image :merryxmas: :loveit: :happypixies:

Who the gift is to be for (child's name,age, build)
Type of gift preferred (nappy/wool/fleece/WAHM clothing)
Nappy/clothing size
If nappy type of nappy and fastening (pocket/AIO/fitted/side snap/front snap/velcro)
If nappy preferred outer fabric/ones to avoid (BV/ minkee/fleece etc)
If nappy preferred inner fabric/ones to avoid (BV/minkee/fleece etc)
Measurements for bottoms (wool/fleece/clothing - waist/hips/rise/inseam/length of skirt if applicable)
Measurements for tops/dresses (chest, length of top/dress, sleeve length)
Favourite colours/ones to avoid
Favourite themes/things to avoid
Embroidery yes/no/(examples if possible, personalisation ok?)
Favourite fabric prints/designers
Anything else your fairy might need to know?

PLEASE PM ME WITH YOUR ADDRESS TOO, THANKS LADIES

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Secret Santa 2011 - sign up here! :)

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:38 am

Me me me! I will be back in 5 with the computerI hope no-one minds me signing bump up too :oops:

Who the gift is to be for (child's name,age, build) Austin, 2, average build
Type of gift preferred (nappy/wool/fleece/WAHM clothing) clothing please
Nappy/clothing size standard 2-3
If nappy type of nappy and fastening (pocket/AIO/fitted/side snap/front snap/velcro) Austin has now potty trained
If nappy preferred outer fabric/ones to avoid (BV/ minkee/fleece etc)Austin has now potty trained
If nappy preferred inner fabric/ones to avoid (BV/minkee/fleece etc)Austin has now potty trained
Measurements for bottoms (wool/fleece/clothing - waist/hips/rise/inseam/length of skirt if applicable)we don't use wool or fleece, but I will measure for these when A comes home
Waist 19.5"
Hip 20.5"
Inseam 14"
Measurements for tops/dresses (chest, length of top/dress, sleeve length)I will measure for these when A comes home
Chest 21"
Length (nape of neck- bottom) 14.5"
Sleeve 11.5"
Favourite colours/ones to avoidAustin looks fine in most things but I'm not a huge fan of dressing him in anything overly bright or patterned
Favourite themes/things to avoidnothing too loud
Embroidery yes/no/(examples if possible, personalisation ok?) I don't mind if it's on a t-shirt
Favourite fabric prints/designers no idea sorry :oops: we do like the ooga things though
Anything else your fairy might need to know?don't think so

sorry, removed bump info as I will wait until next one to add when we know what is best for her :oops: :oops:
Last edited by 0_Lisa_0 on Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:11 am, edited 4 times in total.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:22 am

me please :D

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:40 am

Ladies please sign up by providing the information required. And also PM me your address. I'd prefer it all to be done at sign up time to save me chasing people for the information. Thank you.

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:43 am

Sorry Louise, went to get the computer so I didn't have to do it on my phone :wink: will edit my post now :)

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:34 pm

Who the gift is to be for (child's name,age, build)
Theo, long and slender, age in Dec 22.5 months
Type of gift preferred (nappy/wool/fleece/WAHM clothing)
Please NO nappies. WAHM clothing/wool interlock preferred
Nappy/clothing size
See measurements below. He needs 3T in jamie jumper rompers and other similar items.
Measurements for bottoms (wool/fleece/clothing - waist/hips/rise/inseam/length of skirt if applicable)
Inseam 12" Rise-20" Hip 23" (these are over night nappies, we do not need daytime trousers)
Chest-24" Length- 16" sleeve from top of shoulder to wrist 13"
Favourite colours/ones to avoid
Anything bold. Would prefer not to have much more blue&green if possible. We like different.
Favourite themes/things to avoid
Not all that fussy! No christmas/holiday themed items though please.
Embroidery yes/no/(examples if possible, personalisation ok?)
Love embroidery. No names but everything else ok.
Favourite fabric prints/designers
Dino Dudes, Ooga, Monster Mash, Groovy Guitars, Superheros (lots more but think you get the idea!) We dont own any Dr Seuss yet but would like too. Boyish horse stuff is always a BIG hit.
Anything else your fairy might need to know?
We only use long sleeved tops apart from sleeveless vests.
We are short on fleecey rompers but already have half a dozen knit ones.
Wool interlock soakers would be very welcome but would need to be larger in the rise (~21") to fit over his night nappies with the lesser stretch.
Theo is funny about tops at the moment, he likes the sleeves on his T shirts cuffed in ribbing so they dont slide over his hands.
Measurements above are generous with growing room factored in already!

My avatar
pinksalmon2001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby pinksalmon2001 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:31 pm

Me please :D

Who the gift is to be for (child's name,age, build) Baby girl - due 21st Feb
Type of gift preferred (nappy/wool/fleece/WAHM clothing) - Nappy or WAHM clothing
Nappy/clothing size - Size medium nappy please as we have lots of NB/S, clothing aged 3-6 months+ (Bear in mind that this will be May onwards so no really wintery clothes)
If nappy type of nappy and fastening (pocket/AIO/fitted/side snap/front snap/velcro)- Pocket or fitted, I prefer side snap
If nappy preferred outer fabric/ones to avoid (BV/ minkee/fleece etc) - Not keen on fleece or woven cotton on nappy outers
If nappy preferred inner fabric/ones to avoid (BV/minkee/fleece etc) - Open to any
Measurements for bottoms (wool/fleece/clothing - waist/hips/rise/inseam/length of skirt if applicable) - n/a
Measurements for tops/dresses (chest, length of top/dress, sleeve length) - n/a
Favourite colours/ones to avoid - I like bright colours, pinks, lime greens, turquoise, purples etc, not keen on brown or black on babies
Favourite themes/things to avoid - I like butterflies, flowers anything girlie really, not keen on skulls
Embroidery yes/no/(examples if possible, personalisation ok?) - Yes happy to have embroidery
Favourite fabric prints/designers - I like ooga, russian dolls, vhc and anything girlie really :D
Anything else your fairy might need to know? Happy to receive a day or night nappy/wrap or wahm clothing. Anything girlie goes really :D

My avatar
pinksalmon2001
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby pinksalmon2001 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:39 pm

And me again please :giggle:

Who the gift is to be for (child's name,age, build) Tyler, will be 3 on NYE, tall and quite well built (not chunky but definitely not skinny).
Type of gift preferred (nappy/wool/fleece/WAHM clothing) NIGHT nappy or wahm clothing - no day nappies please as we are approaching pt, we are pretty desperate for night nappies though! We don't use wool. No wahm daytime trousers please as my dh doesn't like them. Fleece trousers/jamie jumpers for bed fine. Any tops daytime or nighttime would be fine.
Nappy/clothing size - Size large for night nappy or age 3/4 or 4T for clothing
If nappy type of nappy and fastening (pocket/AIO/fitted/side snap/front snap/velcro) - Side or front snap fitted night nappy please, I don't like applix on night nappies
If nappy preferred outer fabric/ones to avoid (BV/ minkee/fleece etc) - We like BV but open to most things. No fleece or woven cotton outers please
If nappy preferred inner fabric/ones to avoid (BV/minkee/fleece etc) - Tyler is quite a heavy wetter so needs to be absorbent.
Measurements for bottoms (wool/fleece/clothing - waist/hips/rise/inseam/length of skirt if applicable) - to be added. Waist - 21'' Inseam 13''
Measurements for tops/dresses (chest, length of top/dress, sleeve length) - Sleeve - 11-12'' Chest 22'' Shoulder to hem - 16''
Favourite colours/ones to avoid - Not keen on yellow or orange but happy for anything else
Favourite themes/things to avoid - We like ooga, vhc, cars, tools, dinosaurs, Dr Seuss, animals - no skulls or guns please
Embroidery yes/no/(examples if possible, personalisation ok?) - Yes but no personalisation please
Favourite fabric prints/designers - Any of the above
Anything else your fairy might need to know? Tyler is a heavy night time wetter - WNNN's and bed bug plus both work well for us. I like jamie jumpers for bed and again fleece clothing for bed but my dh doesn't like Tyler in fleece trousers during the day. We like wahm hoodies, long sleeved and short sleeved hooded tops for daytime.
Last edited by pinksalmon2001 on Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:13 pm

Who the gift is to be for (child's name,age, build) Isobella age 2.5
Type of gift preferred (nappy/wool/fleece/WAHM clothing) wool or wahm clothing
Nappy/clothing size. age 2-3
If nappy type of nappy and fastening (pocket/AIO/fitted/side snap/front snap/velcro) N/A
If nappy preferred outer fabric/ones to avoid (BV/ minkee/fleece etc) N/A
If nappy preferred inner fabric/ones to avoid (BV/minkee/fleece etc) N/A

waist 20.5
hips 21.5
rise
inseam 14
skirt length 10.5

chest 21.5
sleeve from top of shoulder to wrist 11
back length 12
dress length 20

Favourite colours/ones to avoid Like, greens, pinks, blues and purples, rainbows any really
Favourite themes/things to avoid Loves fairys, unicorns,princesses, nature,
Embroidery yes/no/(examples if possible, personalisation ok?) yes to any
Favourite fabric prints/designers Don't like popular fabrics :hohoho: eg VHC, ooga, GMILY, kitsch stuff
Anything else your fairy might need to know? She likes hello kitty, disney stuff (mickey mouse, handy manny, tinkerbell)
I don't like hooded dresses. She doesnt tolerate thin elastic for some reason it digs in and leaves red marks so we usually replace that with a nice thick elastic instead which solves the problem.
Last edited by littlesez on Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Next

Return to Secret Santa 2011