Discussion of Secret Santa sign up limits

My avatar
ALIJ2010
Clothie
Clothie

Discussion of Secret Santa sign up limits

Postby ALIJ2010 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:36 pm

0_Lisa_0 wrote:I can't believe how few there are this year :(

There would probably be more if the rules were not so strict. I have never heard of a forum site dictating that to enter a secret santa you must have been a member x number of months and done x number of posts to be able to take part. Seems bit unfriendly way to be. I have signed up on 4 different forums secret santas now, 1 I hardly ever post on, 1 I have never posted on, the other 2 more frequent posting.

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Secret Santa 2011 - sign up here! :)

Postby eviesmummy » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:48 pm

ALIJ2010 wrote:

There would probably be more if the rules were not so strict. I have never heard of a forum site dictating that to enter a secret santa you must have been a member x number of months and done x number of posts to be able to take part. Seems bit unfriendly way to be. I have signed up on 4 different forums secret santas now, 1 I hardly ever post on, 1 I have never posted on, the other 2 more frequent posting.

Actually the rules have to be strict to protect participating members as much as we possibly can, and is certainly not intended to be unfriendly. There is a lot of trust involved in these swaps, £25 is a lot of money to many people, and it would be very easy for someone to join the forum, take part in the SS and not send their part of the gift - that would spoil the whole thing for everyone.

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:53 pm

I haven't taken part mainly due to the utter chaos with the impending house move and sorting so much out. I was worried that I'd miss the deadlines for postage etc.
I'm gutted though, looks like loads of fun!
I loved the secret baker!!

I'm up for any 'secret' swaps in the new year though! :)

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:55 pm

eviesmummy wrote:
ALIJ2010 wrote:

Actually the rules have to be strict to protect participating members as much as we possibly can, and is certainly not intended to be unfriendly. There is a lot of trust involved in these swaps, £25 is a lot of money to many people, and it would be very easy for someone to join the forum, take part in the SS and not send their part of the gift - that would spoil the whole thing for everyone.

This. Also I would not want to take part in a swap on a forum I never or rarely posted on. Its hard enough trying to choose a gift you think your recipient would like if you know them well let alone a complete stranger! :lol:

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:57 pm

I agree Louise!
It's more fun if you know the secret sender (even if it's only virtually! ;) )
I couldn't imagine getting a present for someone completely random!

I agree it's also about trust.

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:59 pm

docmaggoo wrote:I agree Louise!
It's more fun if you know the secret sender (even if it's only virtually! ;) )
I couldn't imagine getting a present for someone completely random!

I agree it's also about trust.

This :)

My avatar
ALIJ2010
Clothie
Clothie

Postby ALIJ2010 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:06 pm

Personally I think it is daft, you could have been advertising on classified on here for a year, be honest enough to send nappy when people pay you for the nappy but then can't be trusted to do a secret santa.

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:09 pm

ALIJ2010 wrote:Personally I think it is daft, you could have been advertising on classified on here for a year, be honest enough to send nappy when people pay you for the nappy but then can't be trusted to do a secret santa.

Well it sounds like you have plenty of other options (you are already signed up to 4!) so why do you care? This one is for people who know each other, albeit virtually. The idea is that love and care goes into the present, it's not just random tat. If it was open to just anyone I wouldn't take part, I don't want to buy or receive from a random person.
Last edited by Miss_Purple on Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:09 pm

ALIJ2010 wrote:Personally I think it is daft, you could have been advertising on classified on here for a year, be honest enough to send nappy when people pay you for the nappy but then can't be trusted to do a secret santa.

But when you buy a nappy you have the protection from paypal. There will be lots of lovely and trustworthy people who don't meet the criterra, but hopefully you can understand why we have to make some restrictions to protect everyone.

Next

Return to Secret Santa 2011