Discussion of Secret Santa sign up limits

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Discussion of Secret Santa sign up limits

Postby Mareth » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:44 pm

babygrowbelly wrote:
northernruth wrote:I'd be really impressed if we did have a troll tho, reminds me of Saab wars!

:hohoho:

:thumbsup: yay SaabWars!

(Aw we don't have a Darth Vader smiley, I'm so disappointed :cry: )

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:46 pm

I wonder if I'm still banned from that Saab forum.....

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:52 pm

northernruth wrote:I wonder if I'm still banned from that Saab forum.....

:barflol:

To the OP sorry you feel that we are not a friendly bunch. As others have said if you had taken the time to get involved you would find out that we are! I made the rules based on issues on here and other places with people joining up with very low posts and then causing problems and spoiling the swaps. Swaps are a whole load of fun and a great way to feel connected to other members, I don't think that 250 is that many posts when you consider there are at least 2 big swaps each year you would only need to make 10 posts a week over the 6 months to the next swap to be able to join. I am sorry that you feel hard done by but our rules are there for a reason - to protect our members and keep our swaps as safe as we can in an on-line environment.

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:58 pm

Louise wrote:@northernruth PMSL at Saab wars :hohoho:

@Kimmy M if you still want to sign up you can add measurements tomorrow, we're not that strict about it as long as most of the info is provided at sign up time its ok to add a bit later on.

All done (I think) sorry if I've missed loads just throw things at me.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:03 pm

KimmyM wrote:
Louise wrote:@northernruth PMSL at Saab wars :hohoho:

@Kimmy M if you still want to sign up you can add measurements tomorrow, we're not that strict about it as long as most of the info is provided at sign up time its ok to add a bit later on.

All done (I think) sorry if I've missed loads just throw things at me.

:lol: I'll be updating the info needed thread tomorrow afternoon so will let you know.

My avatar
weebee
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby weebee » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:05 pm

i really like the 250 posts thing on here as it does encourage a community feel! I was super excited to finally be eligable to take part in some thing (stupidly thought i wasn't eligable for secret baker as i thought you needed 3 months after 250 posts!) but I was gutted when I realised the price as Hubby wouldn't be impressed with my spending that :-( i do agree with the reasoning behind that amount though but am slightly sad that that prohibits me and others from taking part.

On the troll front, whilst I can understand the reasoning behind the accusation, I do think that's quite a harsh thing to accuse someone of. I can kind of understand that from an outsider perspective the rules may seem a little harsh and the 250 rule thing may seem a bit cliquey. Even now, I am occasionally made to feel really sad when longstanding members almost seem to ignore or overlook my comments, posts and threads. But then again that's always a danger when there are good friendship groups anywhere (in the real or virtual world) and establishing an equal rapport takes time, commitment and proven loyalty! :-)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:13 pm

weebee wrote:I was gutted when I realised the price as Hubby wouldn't be impressed with my spending that :-( i do agree with the reasoning behind that amount though but am slightly sad that that prohibits me and others from taking part.

I know it is hard isn't it :hug: . It was lower when we started it but then there was a lot less nappy choice than there is now and the 15 quid it started at wouldnt' get anything very exciting these days! I think though as times are so hard for a lot of people we do need to look at other swaps that are less costly. As I said we do have 1 or 2 in the pipeline that we will be rolling out later this week (just need to get my exam done!) so hope we can have lots more be able to afford to be involved :thumbsup:

weebee wrote:I am occasionally made to feel really sad when longstanding members almost seem to ignore or overlook my comments, posts and threads.

Awwww that is sad - I know I am guilty of it because I'm so time poor that I hardly get a chance to reply to anyone these days :oops: :giggle:
weebee wrote:But then again that's always a danger when there are good friendship groups anywhere (in the real or virtual world) and establishing an equal rapport takes time, commitment and proven loyalty! :-)

Very true :widesmile:

Previous

Return to Secret Santa 2011