hf1

Discussion of Secret Santa sign up limits

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Secret Santa 2011 - sign up here! :)

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:03 pm

I wish I had flippin' said anything! I'm glad there are rules around these swaps, they take a lot of time and effort and it's hard enough buying for someone you "know" (another who has met many of these fab ladies). Maybe these should be moved to private member in future! I don't think you should just drop on to a forum and join in with swaps, I think you should take the time to get to know people first! I also don't know how you expected to drop on to a site with a friendly community, be rude to everyone and then not get called a troll, IMO that's what trolling is, trouble causing for the sake!

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:03 pm

ALIJ2010 wrote:I just don't like being called a troll when I was making a valid point. Someone said it was disappointing about the number who signed up, I was just stating the rules are too strict to expect more people to sign up.

The rules have been the same for a while, and many more people have taken part in previous years, which suggests it's not the rules which are the problem, but more likely the general economy and people's lack of disposable income this year.

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Discussion of Secret Santa sign up limits

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:04 pm

I just posted a reply to this as it was split (or so it looks like) :oops: so my post is on the other thread (sorry for making work)

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:05 pm

0_Lisa_0 wrote:I wish I had flippin' said anything! I'm glad there are rules around these swaps, they take a lot of time and effort and it's hard enough buying for someone you "know" (another who has met many of these fab ladies). Maybe these should be moved to private member in future! I don't think you should just drop on to a forum and join in with swaps, I think you should take the time to get to know people first! I also don't know how you expected to drop on to a site with a friendly community, be rude to everyone and then not get called a troll, IMO that's what trolling is, trouble causing for the sake!

There's a new thread now...

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:05 pm

I just saw :oops: I think it was split as I was typing

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Allie » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:08 pm

0_Lisa_0 wrote:I just saw :oops: I think it was split as I was typing

I've moved your posts hun :hug: :giggle:

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:09 pm

Allie wrote:
0_Lisa_0 wrote:I just saw :oops: I think it was split as I was typing

I've moved your posts hun :hug: :giggle:

Just trying to make sure your kept busy :giggle: I hate to think your having a quiet evening :giggle:

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:11 pm

Sorry but really no time to post to 250 but plenty to make nasty comments.
Anyway I was super excited about the whole SS and really wanted to take part I did think £25 was alot of money but I'd rather spend that and recieve something nice back than be in one of those "aaarrrgghhh what can I get for £10, my excuse is I still haven't got round to measuring my babies" how silly is that things just keep taking over.

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby 50ftQueenie » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:13 pm

I've not taken part this year mainly because Martha is out of nappies and also it seems that there are fewer sewing WAHMs around at the mo so we would be making a huge amount of work for our 'santa'. I think the rules are more than fair; you need to put something into the community if you want to enjoy the benefits.

PreviousNext

Return to Secret Santa 2011