hf1

Discussion of Secret Santa sign up limits

My avatar
emsy
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Secret Santa 2011 - sign up here! :)

Postby emsy » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:11 pm

eviesmummy wrote:
ALIJ2010 wrote:There would probably be more if the rules were not so strict. I have never heard of a forum site dictating that to enter a secret santa you must have been a member x number of months and done x number of posts to be able to take part. Seems bit unfriendly way to be. I have signed up on 4 different forums secret santas now, 1 I hardly ever post on, 1 I have never posted on, the other 2 more frequent posting.

i don't think it is done in an unfriendly way at all!! this is the first year i am taking part in the swap and 25 is a lot of money too me but i want to join in with the fun of the swap !! the strict rules give sense of security and also through being regular posters/members you kind of get to know each other too which makes trusting each other easier !! i would be heartbroken if i joined something like this then didn't receive something :(
i totally disagree with your comment as if the rules wernt as strickt as they are then i wouldn't probably be joining

My avatar
emsy
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby emsy » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:14 pm

Miss_Purple wrote:
ALIJ2010 wrote:Personally I think it is daft, you could have been advertising on classified on here for a year, be honest enough to send nappy when people pay you for the nappy but then can't be trusted to do a secret santa.

Well it sounds like you have plenty of other options (you are already signed up to 4!) so why do you care? This one is for people who know each other, albeit virtually. The idea is that love and care goes into the present, it's not just random tat. If it was open to just anyone I wouldn't take part, I don't want to buy or receive from a random person.

Wss

My avatar
Emma1977
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Emma1977 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:18 pm

babyroo wrote:
ALIJ2010 wrote:Personally I think it is daft, you could have been advertising on classified on here for a year, be honest enough to send nappy when people pay you for the nappy but then can't be trusted to do a secret santa.

But when you buy a nappy you have the protection from paypal. There will be lots of lovely and trustworthy people who don't meet the criterra, but hopefully you can understand why we have to make some restrictions to protect everyone.

Agree with this. Also to be blunt each forum decides it's own rules. I have taken part in Secret Santas in the past and have liked that has been a sense of community friendships with the mammas involved.

If you join a forum you abide by the rules. If you like it on CNT to the point you want to be involved with the SS then come and post and get to know us and let us get to know you I noticed that you joined in August but have only just posted today on this thread :-?

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:25 pm

*cough* troll *cough*

My avatar
rachymoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby rachymoo » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:43 pm

But when you are selling, people aren't relying on your 'honesty'- they are relying on their protection from Paypal. If it didn't arrive, they can claim the money back. Whereas if a complete random joined in and didn't bother sending, their poor recipient would be £25 down and have nothing to show for it. That's the reason for the rules and they are there for a good reason. I certainly wouldn't want to join in if there were people taking part who'd never even bothered posting before.

My avatar
fay
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby fay » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:23 pm

emsy wrote:
eviesmummy wrote:
ALIJ2010 wrote:There would probably be more if the rules were not so strict. I have never heard of a forum site dictating that to enter a secret santa you must have been a member x number of months and done x number of posts to be able to take part. Seems bit unfriendly way to be. I have signed up on 4 different forums secret santas now, 1 I hardly ever post on, 1 I have never posted on, the other 2 more frequent posting.

i don't think it is done in an unfriendly way at all!! this is the first year i am taking part in the swap and 25 is a lot of money too me but i want to join in with the fun of the swap !! the strict rules give sense of security and also through being regular posters/members you kind of get to know each other too which makes trusting each other easier !! i would be heartbroken if i joined something like this then didn't receive something :(
i totally disagree with your comment as if the rules wernt as strickt as they are then i wouldn't probably be joining

wss

i have organised a few SS over the years and when someone doesn't send you feel gutted yourself i think the rules are there to protect us all, its a good idea.

didn't join in this time as tbh £25 is a stretch for me right now with xmas coming up, will be defo up for the craft SS when its done tho!!

My avatar
ALIJ2010
Clothie
Clothie

Postby ALIJ2010 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:17 pm

anothersquish wrote:*cough* troll *cough*

Stop being bitchy. I am not a troll.

You tell me how as a single Mum who just got out of a violent and controlling relationship can find the time to post 250 messages. I am just properly new to cloth nappies (ex dictated which ones to use which leaked all the time) and thought that a start of trying something new then what I have already tried would be a good way.

I am going to close my cloth nappy tree account, sold some nappies recently bought a load but there are more friendly nappy sites to go on.

My avatar
mrssproggit
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby mrssproggit » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:33 pm

Ladies, isn't this whole thread now descending below the point of the SS in the first place? I'm not wanting to take any sides, but we are all here to support and look out for one another. I know, even though I've not posted too often and have had long gaps between some of my posts, I have still been very much welcomed back into the community her.

Every forum has its own rules that you agree to abide by if you join it, true, and a lot of things like SS are very much based on trust and relationships built between the members of the forum. Equally, it's hard when someone new joins to allow them in and help them join in. ALIJ2010 (sorry, I don't know your name), I'm sorry you've not felt welcomed and a part of the community here. If you do leave, please don't go with bad feelings and good luck with your lo(s?) as a single mum. It's hard enough being a mum with a dad half the time, so immediately I have a lot of admiration for you!

I hope I've not offended/insulted anyone with this post. I just don't want for the SS to be turned into a horrid affair for those involved (even though I'm not taking part in it myself)

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:35 pm

ALIJ2010 wrote:
anothersquish wrote:*cough* troll *cough*

Stop being bitchy. I am not a troll.

You tell me how as a single Mum who just got out of a violent and controlling relationship can find the time to post 250 messages. .

I'm sorry you've had a hard time, but 250 posts really isn't a lot, and the reasons for them have been explained several times. I also doubt that you'd be the only member that's been in/come out of a similar situation.

PreviousNext

Return to Secret Santa 2011