hf1

Secret Santa - post your questions here

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Secret Santa - post your questions here

Postby Louise » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:36 pm

:wave: ladies. If anyone has any questions they want to ask their recipient please post them here by replying to this thread. I will keep adding the questions to this first post. Please can everyone reply once to this thread answering each question as it appears by editing their original post so that all their answers appear in the same place.

(Also of its an obvious question i.e. your recipient would be able to guess you straight away if you posted it then you can PM me or another Moderator and we will add the question to the list for you.)

Hope that's ok and its not going to be too complicated and confusing. :? Thanks all :hug:

1)Fabric question - Do you like multi colours/ are you happy with lots of contrasts?
2)Fabric question - Do you mind slogans/ wordy prints?
3)If you have asked for/said you'd be happy with a non-nappy gift would you like something that wasn't clothing such as a hooded towel?
4)Another non-nappy question - would you be happy with pants, if so what size?
5) Who are your favourite WAHMs (for nappies and clothing)?
6) If you have a girl would you like a dress? If so do you prever knit or woven fabrics?
7)If you have asked for/said you'd be happy with a non nappy gift would you be happy with a nursery item such as a wooden toy/wooden letters/picture or other nursery decorations?
8)If there were some funds spare after the main gift had been bought what would you prefer they were spent on? (eg. hair clips/wipes/wool wash/lanolin/organic baby toiletries/a little surprise for your DD/DS/one of their siblings etc)
9)If you've asked for a nappy would you like a night nappy? Do you like LWI (low-water immersion) dyed and/or tie-dyed bamboo velour?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Secret Santa - post your questions here

Postby Louise » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:43 pm

1)Fabric question - Do you like multi colours/ are you happy with lots of contrasts? Happy with either, love bright girly colours
2)Fabric question - Do you mind slogans/ wordy prints? Not really keen on either
3) If you have asked for/said you'd be happy with a non-nappy gift would you like something that wasn't clothing such as a hooded towel? We have a WN hooded towel and love it. Wouldn't mind another one if that's what my Santa decided to get.
4)Another non-nappy question - would you be happy with pants, if so what size? Doesn't apply to us as Mia is still in nappies and will be for a couple of years
5) Who are your favourite WAHMs (for nappies and clothing)? Nappies - Wee Notions, Owe Woah When, Holdens Landing, Dunk n Fluff, Little Gumnut, Tweedlebee and Tweedlebum, Wool - Pixie Knits, Droopy Drawers, Tempestuous Poppet, Neels, Clothing - Scrunchkins, Titches Stitches, Dunk n Fluff, Approved by Kayleigh, Tweedlebee and Tweedlebum, Asquared Designs
6)If you have a girl would you like a dress? If so do you prever knit or woven fabrics? Love dresses and either would be fine as it depends on the style of dress as to which fabric is best
7)If you have asked for/said you'd be happy with a non nappy gift would you be happy with a nursery item such as a wooden toy/wooden letters/picture or other nursery decorations? A wooden toy or something small as an extra yes please but not as the main gift
8)If there were some funds spare after the main gift had been bought what would you prefer they were spent on? (eg. hair clips/wipes/wool wash/lanolin/organic baby toiletries/a little surprise for your DD/DS/one of their siblings etc) Any of the above would be greatfully received except hair clips (Mia has no hair :lol: ) and wipes as we have loads
9)If you've asked for a nappy would you like a night nappy? Do you like LWI (low-water immersion) dyed and/or tie-dyed bamboo velour? A night nappy would be fine. Mia is about to outgrow her small Little Gumnuts and we only have a few M/L HL BBs so could do with some more. Love any dyed BV outers, especially LWI

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:48 pm

1)Fabric question - Do you like multi colours/ are you happy with lots of contrasts? Yes but not f they are too bright or girly, Austin tends to suit more natural colours
2)Fabric question - Do you mind slogans/ wordy prints? Not too keen on slogans (I don't think you can get many that are really appropriate to kids tbh) but don't mind wordy prints

3)If you have asked for/said you'd be happy with a non-nappy gift would you like something that wasn't clothing such as a hooded towel? I dont mind other than clothing but we wouldnt use a hooded towel and it would have to be something useful
4)Another non-nappy question - would you be happy with pants, if so what size? Austin has about a million pairs of pants so not sure they would get much use but would be happy with them in 2-3 yrs ta.
5) Who are your favourite WAHMs (for nappies and clothing)? We have asked for non nappy but have always loved out Approved by Kayleigh bits. I dont think we have tried much WAHM stuff on the non nappy side tbh.
6) If you have a girl would you like a dress? If so do you prever knit or woven fabrics? no girls here yet :giggle:
7)If you have asked for/said you'd be happy with a non nappy gift would you be happy with a nursery item such as a wooden toy/wooden letters/picture or other nursery decorations? No thanks.
8)If there were some funds spare after the main gift had been bought what would you prefer they were spent on? (eg. hair clips/wipes/wool wash/lanolin/organic baby toiletries/a little surprise for your DD/DS/one of their siblings etc) I don't use clips or washable wipes, also not using wool atm and not sure if we will with the new baby atm, anything else should be ok.
Last edited by 0_Lisa_0 on Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:07 am, edited 4 times in total.

My avatar
emsy
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Secret santa

Postby emsy » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:59 pm

sorry :oops: on phone so editing is a bit blah :giggle:

1)Fabric question - Do you like multi colours/ are you happy with lots of contrasts? Happy with either, love bright colours nothing that can be classed as girley and im not too keen on a lot of browns
not keen on either
3)would you be happy with something different than clothes eg hooded towel ?
we would be happy with what ever we got :)
4)would you be happy with pantsno thankyou :)
5) who are your favourite wahm
Nappy - weenotions clothing - ABK
6) N/A
7) if you said you were happy with a non nappy gift would you be happy with a nursery item
a wooden toy as an extra yes please but nothing else and not as a main gift.
8) personalised dummy clip/surprise
not wipes as we have lots
9) a night nappy would be fine (heavy wetter) althoug we do have quite a few of them and not many day fitteds. all dyed outers are ok
Last edited by emsy on Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:06 pm, edited 10 times in total.

My avatar
ImisMummy
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ImisMummy » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:07 pm

1)Fabric question - Do you like multi colours/ are you happy with lots of contrasts?Happy with multi colour, the more clashing the better :giggle:
2)Fabric question - Do you mind slogans/ wordy prints?We dont mind funny/alternative slogans but no cheesy girly ones please. Also not against metal band slogans!
3)If you have asked for/said you'd be happy with a non-nappy gift would you like something that wasn't clothing such as a hooded towel? We are fully stocked on bath things but would be happy with other non nappy bits like play jewelery hair bits
4)Another non-nappy question - would you be happy with pants, if so what size?we arent near potty training yet so dont need any knickers
5) Who are your favourite WAHMs (for nappies and clothing)?never had any WAHM clothing but nappy wise oldens landing and fluff'n'stuff. not keen on weenotions but havent tried the new versions
6) If you have a girl would you like a dress? If so do you prever knit or woven fabrics?We like dresses but preferably short sleeve so we can layer over a tshirt
7)If you have asked for/said you'd be happy with a non nappy gift would you be happy with a nursery item such as a wooden toy/wooden letters/picture or other nursery decorations?Would be happy with any of these
8)If there were some funds spare after the main gift had been bought what would you prefer they were spent on? (eg. hair clips/wipes/wool wash/lanolin/organic baby toiletries/a little surprise for your DD/DS/one of their siblings etc)yes to hair clips, wool wash extra yes to lanolin but no to toiletries
9)If you've asked for a nappy would you like a night nappy? Do you like LWI (low-water immersion) dyed and/or tie-dyed bamboo velour?a night nappy would be fab, but would have to be super heavy wetter for DD. We like both LWI and tye dye
Last edited by ImisMummy on Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.

My avatar
KimmyM
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby KimmyM » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:15 pm

Fabric question - Do you like multi colours/ are you happy with lots of contrasts?Oh gosh I'm gonna be difficult it all depends for clothing I'm not a fan of tie dye ect but I love Robert Kaufman prints which are multi colour
2)Fabric question - Do you mind slogans/ wordy prints?Would depend on the slogan and where is was I hate obnoxious slogans. But I like cute pretty things
b]3)If you have asked for/said you'd be happy with a non-nappy gift would you like something that wasn't clothing such as a hooded towel? [/b]
Yes :widesmile:
No pants thank you

5) Who are your favourite WAHMs (for nappies and clothing)?I love WN (don't image there is time for WAHM's abroad) I just discovered a WAHM on here I have no idea of her real name or even WAHM name but her screen name is Karenandgeorgia.
6) If you have a girl would you like a dress? If so do you prever knit or woven fabrics? love dresses probably prefer woven.
7)If you have asked for/said you'd be happy with a non nappy gift would you be happy with a nursery item such as a wooden toy/wooden letters/picture or other nursery decorations? hhhmmm not sure definitely nothing that needs to be hung on the walls. Ceiling or doors I can cope with.
8) if there were funds left what would you prefer they were spent on no hair clips as she's only 5 months and whilst Noo has tons of the stuff not sure he would wear them. Noo also has bad eczema
9) Nappy questions
I would be happy with a night nappy both if mine are heavy wetters however I have no idea what all the rest means :oops: I don't like low rise nappies that much as I get to many explosions as it is.
Last edited by KimmyM on Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.

My avatar
Miss_Purple
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Miss_Purple » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:43 pm

1)Fabric question - Do you like multi colours/ are you happy with lots of contrasts? yes I like multi colours, and I like contrasts. Prefer bold prints rather than overly fussy patterns.
2)Fabric question - Do you mind slogans/ wordy prints? I don't like slogans or wordy prints.
3) If you have asked for/said you'd be happy with a non-nappy gift would you like something that wasn't clothing such as a hooded towel? I'd be happy with a hooded towel or anything like that for bump :D
4) Another non-nappy question - would you be happy with pants, if so what size? no for bump (obviously :giggle: ) but as an extra for DD then yes, age 2-4 would be fab :-)
5) Who are your favourite WAHMs (for nappies and clothing)? Dunk n Fluff, Weenotions, Fluff n Stuff for nappies. I'd like to try OWW and Tweedledee & Tweedlebum nappies too. Knitted items, I love Droopy Drawers, Tempestuous Poppet and Pixie Knits. Also think Shoogahbums and 50ft Knitwit are great too. For clothing, I love ABK, but also KarenandGeorgia, Beetlesbugsandbutterflies, Titches Stitches and Dunk n Fluff.
6) If you have a girl would you like a dress? If so do you prever knit or woven fabrics? n/a - don't know what bump is, but even if it's a girl I don't want a dress for a newborn thank-you.
7)If you have asked for/said you'd be happy with a non nappy gift would you be happy with a nursery item such as a wooden toy/wooden letters/picture or other nursery decorations? no sorry Santa, the nursery is already decorated from DD so we don't need anything else.
8)If there were some funds spare after the main gift had been bought what would you prefer they were spent on? (eg. hair clips/wipes/wool wash/lanolin/organic baby toiletries/a little surprise for your DD/DS/one of their siblings etc) hair clips/knickers/jewellery for DD. We don't need any wool wash/lanolin or toiletries as we have it left from DDs early PT!
9)If you've asked for a nappy would you like a night nappy? Do you like LWI (low-water immersion) dyed and/or tie-dyed bamboo velour? Oh yes, that would be good actually. We love WNNN so one of those in medium would be briliant. I like LWI but not tie-dye so much.
Last edited by Miss_Purple on Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.

My avatar
weefywoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby weefywoo » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:50 pm

1)Fabric question - Do you like multi colours/ are you happy with lots of contrasts? I'm okay with multi colours, I do prefer bold bright prints though
2)Fabric question - Do you mind slogans/ wordy prints? If I were my Santa I'd steer clear of slogans as I'm uber fussy about those :giggle:
3) If you have asked for/said you'd be happy with a non-nappy gift would you like something that wasn't clothing such as a hooded towel? I would not mind at all

4)Another non-nappy question - would you be happy with pants, if so what size? n/a

5) Who are your favourite WAHMs (for nappies and clothing)? Nappies ... LLS, made by amber, dunk n fluff, oww ... Pockets are wee notions made by amber

6) If you have a girl would you like a dress? If so do you prever knit or woven fabrics? Knit

7)If you have asked for/said you'd be happy with a non nappy gift would you be happy with a nursery item such as a wooden toy/wooden letters/picture or other nursery decorations? Yes

8)If there were some funds spare after the main gift had been bought what would you prefer they were spent on? (eg. hair clips/wipes/wool wash/lanolin/organic baby toiletries/a little surprise for your DD/DS/one of their siblings etc)
Anything except lanolin & wool wash as I've plenty ta

9)If you've asked for a nappy would you like a night nappy? Do you like LWI (low-water immersion) dyed and/or tie-dyed bamboo velour? No night nappies please :-) we have plenty atm ... Love Lwi dyed not overl keen on tie dyed
Last edited by weefywoo on Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

My avatar
anothersquish
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby anothersquish » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:19 pm

1)Fabric question - Do you like multi colours/ are you happy with lots of contrasts?
Yes to the above, I prefer contrast fabrics rather than all one block.
Not that fond of some but love others :/ Hope this one doesnt apply to me :giggle:
3) If you have asked for/said you'd be happy with a non-nappy gift would you like something that wasn't clothing such as a hooded towel?
Yes :)
Just had a load of pants made up for T so dont need any more in his current size butttttt I do like matching vest and pants sets so could be convinced. Im now buying 3T pants for him.
5) Who are your favourite WAHMs (for nappies and clothing)?
Yikes! Rae at ABK is actually a superstar (and she does the cuffs that T likes!) we love Hannah at Beetles Bugs and Butterflies stuff and I have a lot of DnF clothing because of the cuffed Ts...we also have T&T stuff which we also like VERY much. I have also been eyeing the little gumnut soft merino trousers and also ems wool interlock soakers for quite some time :giggle: I am very open to trying other WAHMs stuff of course!!
6) If you have a girl would you like a dress? If so do you prever knit or woven fabrics? N/A
7)If you have asked for/said you'd be happy with a non nappy gift would you be happy with a nursery item such as a wooden toy/wooden letters/picture or other nursery decorations?
Wooden farm animals yes...no to the rest due to our accommodation circumstances
A surprise something for his big brother would be nice (hes 7, loves drawing/crafts) but natural baby/child toiletries would also be very welcome.
9)If you've asked for a nappy would you like a night nappy? Do you like LWI (low-water immersion) dyed and/or tie-dyed bamboo velour? No nappies please :)
Last edited by anothersquish on Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Next

Return to Secret Santa 2011