hf1

2016 DIY craft swap sign up!

DIY Craft Swap Sign up here!
Questions 1 - 4 Is the address in your profile up to date? Who the gift is to be for (me/child/home/other)? Colour preferences (favourite colours and colour combinations and ones to avoid Colour schemes of rooms in your house?  
Aeseldyr
Yes
Does not matter
Like bright colours and rainbow. But really not picky :)
Lots of differnt colours - have a big orange comfy chair in the livingroom other than that there is no real schemes
autumnalgirl
Yes
Me/Baby/Home
Love greens, blues/purples
Dislike lots of orange/reds/yellows
All rooms are fairly light coloured, no real themes, blue int he living room, olive in the kitchen on the walls, but accessories are eclectic!
laceybat
Yes
me or home
Any thing really as I like all sorts. If for the home not to bright
Miss mash really. But hopefully we will be decorating soon. I like neutral colours for the home. At the moment it mostly gray and off white.
littlesez
Yes
Me ,or home
Favourites are blues, purples, pinks, black, silver, white and cream
Not really we have mostly white, cream, grey and dark wood. The lounge has lots of Kath kidstone style florals in pale blue and pink
docmaggoo
Yes
Me or Home
Teals/turquoise/aqua - these are my favourite colours!!
Lounge - natural wood/grey/white with accents of teal/turquoise
Allie
Yes
Me/home
Favourite colour is teal.
Really don't like yellow or gold. Love neutrals, greys and reds.
Living room is neutrals with red accents.
Dining room is cream and teal
Kitchen is neutral with red accessories
We live in a 300 year old cottage so lots of exposed wooden beams and neutral colours.
clothmama
Yes
Me or home
Clothing type things I love purples, teal, greys, creme. Don't like red, green, yellow.
We are going for a French country sort of look throughout the house with greys, linens etc Don't mind odd splashes of colour (eg my ripple sofa blanket (when I finish it!)) though. And our plastic table cover is currently purple with white spots. Purple probably most used accent colour.
MissFrodo
Yes
Eh me
Not keen on yellow, otherwise all is ok
we have wood, white, black, brown, taupe so all very plain and natural in the house.
sim
Yes
Me please
Love silver, purple, teal, grey
Not keen on autumn tones, yellows or oranges
We are about to move so haven't got colour schemes yet so would prefer something for me.

Questions 5 - 8 Fabric preferences (types of fabrics you like and ones to avoid e.g. natural fabrics, bold prints, florals, stripes, Michael Miller, Cath Kidston etc)? Hobbies (**this is NOT for you to list your skills but for your swappee to get an idea of the things you like doing**) Examples of things you would like to receive (eg clothing, CSP, things for the home, jewellery, smellies) Head and hand measurements (Head circumference, wrist circumference, palm of your hand (under the 4 fingers) circumference. length of longest finger)  
Aeseldyr
None
Love my sewing machine ;) Drinking good beer - like Belgium Ales :-D Cooking, baking bread and cake and making specialties in food.
surprise me
Ups don't know and don't have a tape Measure at work. Average head and small hands ;)
autumnalgirl
Prefer non fussy patterns, don't like skulls/gothic. Like flowers, birds etc
Reading, crochet, swimming, baking, walking
Crochet hook roll, change mat for the baby, in fact anything for the baby, bracelet, smellies, baskets, craft storage, anything organisey, a surprise!
?
laceybat
Not to bright. Love any thing with science (periodic table, dna helix, things like that.)
I like crocheting, knitting, running just taken up yoga but with ross.
I would love anything
21" head will be back for other
littlesez
Don't like quirky, retro or kitsch stuff , everything else is fine. Plain, patterns, floral, cute, vintage, bright, pastel, black and white, rainbows, anything!
Sewing, knitting, crochet, dancing, going to the gym, pampering :)
Home stuff(useful rather than decorative), clothing or accessories,leg warmers, socks, hat, mitts, organization stuff, stationary, files, folders, organizer type things, pampering stuff.
Head 21.5 inches, wrist 6 , palm7.5 length from wrist to fingertip 7
docmaggoo
Avoid red/bright bold prints/floral.

I like simple designs
Knitting crochet sewing baking and spinning. I've also just started photography and have a new camera
Not clothing or smellies. Otherwise it's your choice
wrist warmers are always appreciated with my arthritis!
wrist 21cm palm 8cm longest finger 7cm
Allie
Don't really like stripes or geometric patterns.
I like florals but not Cath Kidston.
I like bold prints, vintage florals like Sanderson. I like Amy Butler, not overly keen on Michael Miller. Love gothic/skulls/day of the dead stuff....
Reading
Running
Knitting
Sewing
Embroidery
Keeping chickens
Clothing, socks, home items, storage for craft projects. I'm very easily pleased, have fun!
Head 20", wrist 6", 3"
clothmama
Love natural fabrics, not keen on stripes (although do like the linen with blue / red stripe old fashioned French teatowel look!) or spots. I do like funky retro floral ie Amy Butler. No to animals, skulls, most 'motifs' actually.
At the moment it is gardening, crochet, sewing, cooking I dont' have time for anything else! I do love reading but do that on my phone 90% of the time. Want to start running.
I don't wear a lot of jewelery and needs to be Tory proof - ie waterproof and not very delicate lol! Would be happy for clothing, CSP (I have very heavy periods but also wear medium liners), winter woolies like wristwarmers, house decorations or storage things. Smellies I can take or leave - tend to sit in the cupboard! Quite easy really would be happy with most things :)
HC - 57cm, wrist - 16.5cm, palm - 18cm, finger - 8cm
MissFrodo
This really depends on use so feel free to do whatever you think is fab.
Crochet, study, reading, watch movies, etc etc.
Can't think of anything for the home that would be used tbh so maybe stick with something that I can use or wear. Love wristwarmers btw ;) Oh and yes I use CSP as well. Jewellery yes but nothing gold/yellow please. Love something made with stones or wood or other natural thingies.
head 53cm, palm of hand 18cm, from hand to end longest finger 19cm. longest finger 8cm
sim
Kitch, retro or bold prints are my favourites
Knitting, sewing, cooking, papercutting, sitting about ;)
I use CSP liners, always have room for a knitting project bag, would love a slouchy knitted hat, I wear silver jewellery
HC 60cm, Wrist-16cm, palm, 20cm, longest finger 8cm

Questions 9 - 12 Foot measurements (length of foot, foot circumference(under the toes)? If you have asked for something for your child what sort of toys/themes are they into? Anything else your swapee may need to know? Have you posted your parcel?  
Aeseldyr
26 cm (or size 40/41 european)
surprise them
Have fun :)
Yes
autumnalgirl
?

We don't know what the baby is, it currently goes by the nickname of froglet! Have fun!
Yes
laceybat
length 9" circumstances 8"

Just have fun
Yes
littlesez
Foot size 6, circumference 9 inches, length 10

Nickel allergy
Yes
docmaggoo
length of foot 22cm foot circumference 22cm

No latex/natural rubber... I'm highly allergic
Yes
Allie
Length 9", circumference 8"

No smellies or CSP please
Yes
clothmama
Length - 26cm, circ - (widest point?) 24cm
N/A
Have fun!
Yes
MissFrodo
will measure later

Have lots of fun
Yes
sim
Length of foot- 24cm, foot circ - 22.5cm

Have fun :)
Yes

Question 13 Have you received your parcel?  
Aeseldyr
Yes
autumnalgirl
Yes
laceybat
Yes
littlesez
Yes
docmaggoo
Yes
Allie
Yes
clothmama
Yes
MissFrodo
Yes
sim
Yes

Total responses: 9
People who haven't answered: confusinglady, emmavmorgan
My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

2016 DIY craft swap sign up!

Postby clothmama » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:15 am

Please read the guidelines and conditions for participation in swaps thread here and make sure you comply with them.

*The budget for RAW MATERIALS for this swap is £15 including postage by recorded delivery if posting within the UK, or standard air mail if posting overseas.
:sew:

*You have until Thursday 28th January at 10pm to sign up

:sewing:

*You will receive the name and address of your DIY Swap recipient as soon as possible after this date.
:knit:

*All packages should be clearly marked with "CNT DIY Craft Swap" and posted by recorded delivery (or standard air mail for overseas recipients) by Monday 29th February (Monday 22nd February for overseas recipients) to arrive no later than Thursday 3rd March. Please PM a Moderator with the reference number when you have posted your parcel.
**THE GRAND REVEAL WILL BE ON FRIDAY 4th MARCH.**

:crochet:

Make whatever you want to make that fits in with your recipients likes. Knit something, sew something, crochet etc. except no baking please as we run a separate secret baker swap :D
:mail:

:dancing:

If you would like to take part please

join the DIY Swap Group by clicking the "Join Group" button then fill out the survey

Join Group

Once the sign-up thread has been closed there will be a questions thread open with a survey where you will have the ability to post any questions you need answers to (or you may PM a Mod who will add them to the survey for you) Please amend your survey answers each time a new question is added.

Thank you ladies and have fun crafting! :sew: :sewing: :knit: :crochet: :mail:

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: 2016 DIY craft swap sign up!

Postby laceybat » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:21 pm

All filled out and can wait

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:54 pm

laceybat wrote:All filled out and can't wait

Me neither, I love finding out who I'm getting :yahoo: :sewing: :sewing: :knit: :sew: :crochet: :yahoo:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:32 am

@autumnalgirl @emmavmorgan @docmaggoo @MissFrodo @Allie are you coming to play :yahoo: :dancing: :party:

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:56 am

Eek I really want to do this, but do I have enough time? I also have a long list of bits I want to make and it finish for the kids this year, I m dererminded to get them done!
Plus the work situation and the garden :doh:
I ll keep thinking about it!

My avatar
MissFrodo
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby MissFrodo » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:01 pm

I'll have a think, it's postage that's really killing I remember the last swap I paid 11 euro to post a small package but maybe if I make something that's flat I can send for a more decent price, I'll get back to you ;)

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:04 pm

Count me in!
I've really missed these swaps!!

@clothmama thanks for the nudge!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:10 pm

confusinglady wrote:I ll keep thinking about it!

Go on go on you know you want to! And just think @confusinglady it may get you back in the mood wiht your crafty mojo to get on with your other projects :twisted: :twisted:

MissFrodo wrote:I'll have a think, it's postage that's really killing I remember the last swap I paid 11 euro to post a small package but maybe if I make something that's flat I can send for a more decent price, I'll get back to you ;)

@MissFrodo I'm so hearing you (used to cost me the whole budget to send from Oz :giggle: ) but it definately made a huge difference, I discovered if it was under 2.5 cm it could go as a letter and therefore cost less than half the price :shock: I'll need to check out what the rules are here too! Fingers crossed you can find a good solution!

docmaggoo wrote:Count me in!

:yahoo: You're welcome! I had a feeling you would be keen now you have a little more time!

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:51 pm

clothmama wrote:
confusinglady wrote:I ll keep thinking about it!

Go on go on you know you want to! And just think @confusinglady it may get you back in the mood wiht your crafty mojo to get on with your other projects :twisted: :twisted:

MissFrodo wrote:I'll have a think, it's postage that's really killing I remember the last swap I paid 11 euro to post a small package but maybe if I make something that's flat I can send for a more decent price, I'll get back to you ;)

@MissFrodo I'm so hearing you (used to cost me the whole budget to send from Oz :giggle: ) but it definately made a huge difference, I discovered if it was under 2.5 cm it could go as a letter and therefore cost less than half the price :shock: I'll need to check out what the rules are here too! Fingers crossed you can find a good solution!

docmaggoo wrote:Count me in!

:yahoo: You're welcome! I had a feeling you would be keen now you have a little more time!

:thumbsup: I ve made a good start with my crafting so far ( for me!) I ll have to start a thread as I have one thing finished ..... Nearly ;)

Next

Return to DIY Craft Swaps