hf1

Show me your little boy's bedroom please

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Show me your little boy's bedroom please

Postby Mareth » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:13 am

Rhys' bedroom is in DESPERATE need of redecoration (it still has M&P murals and curtains which the landlords put in for their own baby, 6 years ago :shock: :oops: ) he's obviously not a baby anymore and it really needs to be changed. He has a blind which we've just put in which is kind of dark teal (like this Image http://www.dulux.ie/servlet/ColourAvail ... _diamond_3)
I don't know whether to go for something really bright and cool like yellow to go with it, and then a teal radiator, or just to go magnolia and be boring and safe LOL.

What's your little lad's bedroom like? I need inspiration! :giggle:

My avatar
nabroc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Show me your little boy's bedroom please

Postby nabroc » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:28 am

A mess :oops: :lookround: I meant to decorate when he moved into a bigger room but we're looking at moving now so no point. When we've moved he'll be having Toy Story themed bedding, lamp shade etc, probably with pale blue walls :-?

My avatar
JabberJabber
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby JabberJabber » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:28 am

Ooh Mareth, I'm going to be thinking properly about this soon, as we have to completely strip and redecorate the boys bedroom in the new house.

I was thinking of having 2 or 3 walls in a white and the others in something like this

Then I would like to have some wall stickers with trees / birds on them so the room has a calm and natural feel to it.

My avatar
emmavmorgan
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby emmavmorgan » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:52 am

My Ds's is lime green and white, one wall and the wardrobes are green everything else including the furniture is white. I would have love to have done it with a space theme but the house is on the market so I thought it would be better not so kiddie :giggle:

My avatar
tracedw
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby tracedw » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:08 am

How about wallpaper,we used this Farrow and Ball Bumblebee, im sure you can get some great paper for older boys(not that i have looked)
We have only one wall in the room that doesn't have beams so this seemed like a nice solution.

My avatar
clothpixie
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clothpixie » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:04 pm

Ooh will be having a nosy too.
We are in the midst of separating M and S into their own rooms.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:42 pm

Josh 's isn't done at all, he is happy though just with his nice quilt and desk with laptop!! I'll get some pics of Louis for you. you can't decorate rentals here so it is all removable stuff.

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:50 pm

Cant' decorate at all? :shock:

We can do what we want as long as we put it back before we leave. In reality we haven't touched it at all, the house is a terrible state, decor-wise. :oops:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:55 pm

I think you can but it would have to be negotiated with the land lord ect I don't know any renters that have.

Next

Return to Home Improvements