hf1

Help me find a floor lamp with dimmer switch

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Help me find a floor lamp with dimmer switch

Postby Hannahboo » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:31 pm

We have been talking about getting a nice floor lamp for the living room for a while, and now the evenings are getting darker we really want to get one asap the problem I am finding is that all the floor lamps I have seen that I like seem to either look really old fashioned for what I want, or are much more expensive than normal lamps. I am not too fussed about a dimmer switch but DH is adamant it must have a dimmer switch and it would be nice to have the different options of how bright the lamp is.

So can anyone help me find a nice floor lamp? I dont want old fashioned looking, or brass. I would say max budget is £50 as it really pains me to spend anymore when I can find loads of lamps I love much cheaper than this just because they dont have a dimmer!!!!!

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Help me find a floor lamp with dimmer switch

Postby Dora » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:41 pm

Ikea had one a while back...it was one of those with an uplighter and a reading light x

My avatar
Hannahboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Help me find a floor lamp with dimmer switch

Postby Hannahboo » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:26 am

Thanks Dora, I saw that one, but not sure I love it :-?

Just noticed that Ikea do a connector switch that you plug your normal lamp into and it converts it to a dimmer switch, so we are going to give that a try first :thumbsup:

Return to Home Improvements