Organised home - help me get one!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Organised home - help me get one!

Postby clothmama » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:09 am

We've been in this house 18 months now and the storage issue has been driving me nuts - there isn't any! I've set myself a challenge to get ad organised as I can within the confines of a house with few cupboards that is quite small and a rental.

The toilet is in a tiny room with no where to put anything so at times of the month there would be packets everywhere, no where to put loo roll that didn't fit on the stick etc! So the other day I got DH TO put me up a little shelf above the door and I got some little baskets and what a difference!

Has anyone got any other good organising ideas that they use or have seen about the place?

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Organised home - help me get one!

Postby gilbertandmartha » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:13 am

What a fab idea. I might suggest tar to dh. I hate having to walk to go and get loo roll. And it would be a good spot to hide cleaner etc.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:33 am

I found a fab post on a blog about clearing the fridge of clutter, by putting up a cork-board in the cupboard. I thought this was a great idea so my fridge now looks like this (except it doesn't look blue :lookround: ) :

New pic - not blue now ;)
And here is my inside cupboard board - the blog I saw this idea on she had painted and made it gorgeous but I don't have time for that!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:57 am

gilbertandmartha wrote:What a fab idea. I might suggest tar to dh. I hate having to walk to go and get loo roll. And it would be a good spot to hide cleaner etc.

I'm really impressed with it - very small but fits just what you need and made it so much easier to run the mop over as the floor is clear other than the toilet brush and roll holder. I was too short to reach packets before I went down and got the baskets but now can just reach to get the whole basket down! Make your's do you one! :giggle:

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:55 am

We've maxed out our storage and still have too mucg clutter. Clothes seem to be tge biggest problem. And toys. Clothes that tgeyve grown out of but we want to save for no 2/3

Argh!!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:11 am

I have shelves like that in the bathroom and kitchen. they make such a difference. There's loads of ideas on pinterest for organising the home.

My avatar
labbiefan
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby labbiefan » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:14 am

I need to get myself some of those shelves!

My avatar
docmaggoo
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby docmaggoo » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:28 am

Have you got space for shelves above the fridge?

That's another place where you can often squeeze in extra storage

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:23 am

docmaggoo wrote:Have you got space for shelves above the fridge?

That's another place where you can often squeeze in extra storage

Already a cupboard, fridge is in a box really, we had to be very careful when we bought one! You can see in the fridge pic above.

Next plan is to get dh to build a hanging pot rack as we now have a big ladder so we can get up to hang things on the beams, this will empty up a cupboard in the kitchen and make use of some of the vertical space we have, and I think it could look quite nice. Here is the space I am talking about:

Pot cupboards seem to be a nightmare to store things neatly with all the lids and things!

Other plans include shelving for our built ins as they only have hanging and some sort of drawers or shelves for in the room as well.

Next

Return to Home Improvements