hf1

Helpful aps

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Helpful aps

Postby ems101 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:59 pm

Whilst thinking about our tech master. I was thinking of my hubs and the techy things he gets me to use in order to make life easier.

So I would like to reccomend the 'out of milk ' ap.this does shopping list and to do lists that you can share with your so.every time I notice we are out of something I add it to the list and when we do the weekly shop or pop in for a top up the list is ready made and on our phones. We also use a shared calender system called 'we cal'

Any other useful aps you've found?

My avatar
Kim
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Helpful aps

Postby Kim » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:43 pm

When I needed to shed a few pounds I used myfitnesspal. You can track everything you eat and the exercise you do -it worked for me. I will have to use it again when I stop breastfeeding and I can be bothered.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:49 am

I found a contraction one which I used when I was having tightening the night after my bleed which I think will come in very handy in the next couple of weeks!!

I also want to find a BF :bf: one (that isn't American - can't stand talk of diapers :hohoho: :hohoho: )!

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:28 pm

@Kim I'm trying my fitness pal but I'm a bit confused.... I set my activity level to active as I do a lot of walking in the day but when it comes to exercise do I log actually how much I do or is it just included in the allowance for an active life style? Also how do I add calories for breastfeeding and how many?! @littlesez @sophiebeth87 @sunset thought you lot may use it too!

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:44 pm

My fitness pal i didnt count walking i just counted exercise , didnt add any extra cals for BF either as i wasnt exclusively breastfeeding at the time. I found it useful but i didnt keep up with it. Its good for making you realise when you eat too much so although i CBA to fill it in i have reduced my intake and stuck to it :D

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:07 pm

Well I do 60-90 mins of brisk walking a day so I'm definitely counting that as exercise! I'm also bfing about 6 times a day so I feel that should probably have some calorific impact?

I think you're right really, using it to realise how much I'm over eating is a good idea!

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:11 pm

You can add the exercise to my fitness pal. I would add the amount you're doing as it's above being active. I use runkeeper to track my runs and it syncs with my fitness pal automatically, runkeeper will track your walk as well if you wanted to use that x

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:17 pm

I've decreased my activity level to 'light' and then logged my walking as exercise. I'm not sure about using runkeeper as I don't often have my phone on me, it's usually on the buggy!,

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:49 pm

Apparently you add breastfeeding as a food, it comes up with minus calories.

Next

Return to Home Improvements