hf1

Improving our living areas!

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Improving our living areas!

Postby ems101 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:58 pm

The lights look great, the whole thing looks so much better!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:58 am

Oops just realised I didnt' get a pic with everything back on the walls, I'm so pleased I've done it - it is so much nicer to live with! I'll get one when it doesn't look like a bomb has hit it!

Todays improvement project is to paint the breezeblock wall that is in what is currently the front entry hall thing. It is the other side of the long wall in the pics above that has the little window in the kitchen. The whole wall will be coming down to open it all up to make a 10 m long room but there needs to be beams and things before that happens (I'm guessing another year maybe!!) and I can't live any longer with the breezeblock so it is turning white! Here is the before taken from the front door:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:05 am

And that picture actually allows you to see exactly why all my pics in the living / kitchen are so dark and it sends me so bonkers :loopy: :loopy: , the only light comes in through that little window and the glass door from the 2 sets of French doors where I have taken the pic from. Here is from the other way so you can see what I mean (sorry about the light - opposite problem of too much light pouring in the big front doors!
Oh the joys of a French barn conversion and the odd things the previous owners did (they didn't even have the French windows / doors in - they were just using the barn doors that you cna see through the glass :shock: :shock: :shock: ).

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:11 pm

Having a short break and :coffee: as my hand is killing me and back not great either! Just about finished the cutting in around the wood - I always forget how long that takes, the next bit will be so much easier (I hope it is a nightmare on the breezeblock getting good coverage!). Progress shots:
1 earlier from the upstairs hall (mezzanine):
And a bit further along where I'm up to now from the bottom of the stairs angle (just need to do the last metre or so of beam and around the kitchen door):

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:11 pm

OMG what a long, long, long afternoon - it took so much longer than I expected :cry: I'm absolutely shattered, my '2 hour job' of painting the wall lasted over 6 hours - it was 3 just for the cutting in - it is so rough that it just took forever and is still not as good as I'd like it - hoping the 2nd coat sorts it out so it looks white. so much for the rest of my afternoon to sort out for the week :giggle:

Here is end of first coat in the fading light!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:12 pm

And my arm really hurts :giggle:

My avatar
confusinglady
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby confusinglady » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:52 pm

Ouch! It will be worth it...... Even though it may not feel like it right now. Big pat on the back :thumbsup:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:54 am

2nd coat done and I'm thrilled, it isn't 100% perfect but it is really good and a huge improvement, so much lighter and brighter :widesmile: Will put up some photos later as well and I think it will be so much more cheerful coming into the house!

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:35 pm

Definitely looks loads better!!! Amazing what some white paint does!

PreviousNext

Return to Home Improvements