hf1

Loft/craft room

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Loft/craft room

Postby girlinleeds » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:12 pm

When we bought our house many years ago we knew the loft conversion wasn't right. Instead of putting flooring joists down they just put the floor on the ceiling joists. For the last few years we've been debating about moving but decided not to. The loft has just been used for storage so have decided to sort it out to become a craft room.
Image dh is ripping out all the old plasterboard to get the floor up so her can put in the new joists
Image when he took the plasterboard of the far wall he discovered an extra 2 ft of space Image
This is the other side he's got the flooring down and started plasterboarding, under the eves (the huge pieces of wood) he's going to put in walls back in to make huge under eves storage (for my Christmas trees)
Just trying to decide how to decorate am thinking to wallpaper down the wall of the storage cupboards and far wall and then paint the ceiling and walls going down the stairs. Yep the built a proper staircase but didn't do the floor, there's even electric and heating up there, it's pretty big, 15ft by 12ft I think :)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Loft/craft room

Postby clothmama » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:20 pm

that looks amazing Lyndsay - so jealous of all the you space you are going to have :sewing: :crochet: :yahoo: :yahoo: can't wait to see progress of the changes @girlinleeds

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Postby girlinleeds » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:15 pm

When to ikea to buy pips a light and found this in the bargain corner, it's got a chip on the bottom but you can't see it when it's built, so took it apart and bought it. Was cheaper and double the size of the one I had planned on buying, currently it's in pieces in our bedroom but look at all the wool storage :) :) Image

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Postby girlinleeds » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:26 pm

Dh has said I have to share the loft as he wants somewhere to build his models, so I've kindly said he can put his desk up there, it will make a nice table for my sewing machine, and he can have a box in my storage thing, how nice am I :hohoho:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:19 pm

That is a fabulous bargain @girlinleeds :thumbsup: Nice to see you are sharing :hohoho: :hohoho:

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby ems101 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:59 pm

Ooh! Love a bargain! Good job. So exciting to have a nice craft area

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Postby girlinleeds » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:16 pm

Other side fully floored and plasterboarded dh needs to make the walls for cupboards, and plasterboard both other walls and then it's ready for me to decorate

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:32 pm

We need pics!

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Postby girlinleeds » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:55 am

Argument with dh, he wants to paint the big wooden beams, (which you will be able to see) the staircase spindles and skirting white. I think because the walls are going to be cream, that staining all the wood work so there a similar colour to the beams will give some contrast and look better what do you think??

Next

Return to Home Improvements