hf1

Pips bedroom

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Pips bedroom

Postby girlinleeds » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:50 pm

At the moment pips bedroom is pale green, bunting shabby chic style.
She's picked duck egg blue wallpaper (it's a bit stripped but mainly solid colour), all her furniture is white, but am a bit stuck about curtains am thinking cream/white for a nice bright look but not sure, also want a throw for her bed do I get white to match curtains or duck egg to contrast the white bed??

My avatar
ems101
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Pips bedroom

Postby ems101 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:33 pm

I would paper the room and keep the old curtains, and see what how it feels. On the roll on in the tin often looks v different on the wall

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:11 pm

ems101 wrote:I would paper the room and keep the old curtains, and see what how it feels. On the roll on in the tin often looks v different on the wall

I think that is a good idea with the curtains. My worry with very pale ones would be light in the morning - or are there blinds as well?

girlinleeds wrote:do I get white to match curtains or duck egg to contrast the white bed??

I think blue would be lovely (especially if you made it for her :love: :crochet: !) with the white of the bed however as @ems101 said so hard to make decisions about the accessories until you hav ethe walls done so I'd probably say leave that decision as well - you know once the walls are done if you need bright or more of the blue.

can't wait for pics :widesmile:
girlinleeds wrote:She's picked duck egg blue wallpaper (it's a bit stripped but mainly solid colour)

Have you got a pic? @girlinleeds

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Postby girlinleeds » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:13 pm

Wallpaper has arrived, I'll post pics tomorrow, dh really surprised me by saying he'll paint the ceiling and woodwork so I only have to wallpaper. He's already moved all the big stuff out pips bedroom so we can get started this weekend and I can wallpaper next Thursday and Friday

My avatar
Aeseldyr
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Aeseldyr » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:37 pm

How is the room change going? @girlinleeds
Love doing projects like that :yahoo:

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Postby girlinleeds » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:44 pm

@aeseldyr dh is busy painting all the woodwork ready for me to wallpaper on thursday

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Postby girlinleeds » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:39 am

It's really hard to get a pic that is the true colour of the wallpaper but I did two and a bit walls yesterday. I thought the paper just had a wave type pattern but it actually is part of a larger pattern and said many very rude words at it yesterday. It does look lovely and more grown up than before. Going curtain shopping after school today (second pic is more the actual colour but a lot more vibrant) Image

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:03 am

Annoying that it wasn't what you thought but it does look lovely!

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Postby girlinleeds » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:42 am

@clothmama it has a bit of a shimmer to it, pips adores it, she's decided white/cream curtains and a blue throw. Better then her earlier suggestion of silver curtains, not grey, silver!!

Next

Return to Home Improvements