Aargh it's back again!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Aargh it's back again!

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:48 am

This time I suspect she's got thrush again as it's a nasty pimply rash :(

I think she's teething which has always heralded nasty rashes for us, and yet again not much seems to be working, wool at night helps as does the shea butter but it seems so itchy for the poor girl...

We had nappy off time as usual last night but had to put and end to it as she was just scratching and scratching and scratching...

Will be ordering some of that angel balm Ruth recommended today to see if that'll help but of course that won't arrive for a good few days yet :(

I'm wondering if cows-milk is making it worse as she's been spurning boob in favour of moo milk during the day recently and glugging LOADS!!

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:15 am

poor ypu, and poor isabelle. we are thank goodness coming to the tail end of our nasty rash (i hope) in the end canestan, nappy off time and metanium did the trick, but he has been left with such dry patches from using all the creams that it almost looks worse! have now bought weleda nappy cream and shea butter and bepanthan to try and get rid of the dry bits.
poor little dumpling, and poor isabelle too, hope it gets better very soon
Shevi

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:24 pm

This week's magic remedy is.....

Pure organic aloe-vera gel!!!

My avatar
ericaj1
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ericaj1 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:34 pm

Where do you get that from Steph?

Ericax

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:39 pm

I think that tube was from Holland and Barrett!! :oops:

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:51 am

I'm glad you've found a 'magic cream'. Katie had an awful rash that lasted months so I can sympathise :cry:

I'm wondering if cows-milk is making it worse as she's been spurning boob in favour of moo milk during the day recently and glugging LOADS!!

That is an interesting point - Katie got hers around 16months just as I was stopping the day feeds and she was starting to drink more cows milk. The milk never even occurred to me, but it makes sense.i

Al

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:55 am

We've got an aloe vera plant and I keep forgetting to try it out! Can't get more natural than that really! lol

It has had a baby so I might repot some for Erins's room so I can just snap it off and use it when I change and dress her etc

Return to Nappy Rash