hf1

Help!

My avatar
sophie90
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Help!

Postby sophie90 » Mon May 07, 2012 6:26 pm

Leo has horrendous nappy rash again :( We are trying to get him switched over to cloth but he soaks through EVERYTHING we have tried so far, I am at a total loss as to what to do
I know I want him in cloth, I also know I want this rash to clear but with him soaking absolutely everything (Inc disps) I just dont know what to do anymore.
We have a handmade cream for his bum now as well as metanium etc, but I know that creams and things hinder the absorbancy of nappies which wont be helping with his soaking, but nothing seems to be clearing this rash up. We saw a Dr a while back who said it was due to teething, but it's just getting worse :(
Any advice on how I can clear said rash withouth stopping my nappies from working, and any advice about nappies ideal for SUPER heavy wetters would be great!!

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Help!

Postby lazylexis » Mon May 07, 2012 6:53 pm

What nappies are u using? What liners,how often are u changing?

My avatar
sophie90
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby sophie90 » Mon May 07, 2012 6:58 pm

So far we have tried the close parent pop ins with the bamboo liners, the econobums prefolds and wraps, lolipop pop n gros, fleece liners, minkee liners, disp liners,hemp liners, ellas house nappies and nature babies nappies..
We change every couple of hours...
xxx

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Mon May 07, 2012 7:06 pm

Are your nappies new or preloved?

My avatar
sophie90
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby sophie90 » Mon May 07, 2012 7:07 pm

Most are preloved, but we washed everything when we got it and the new ones were washed 5/6 times to build up absorbancy. We havent used fabric conditioner on any of them as I know this stops absorbancy as well :-?
xx

My avatar
simlou
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby simlou » Mon May 07, 2012 7:09 pm

what are you washing them with? Have you done a full strip wash to remove build up of detergants on your pre-loveds?

My avatar
sophie90
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby sophie90 » Mon May 07, 2012 7:16 pm

Been washing with our regular wasing powder (Daz), no fabric conditioner. Haven't done a strip wash tho, would that possibly help?

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Mon May 07, 2012 7:21 pm

Whats the water like where u are-hard/soft.If soft then u only need small amounts of washing powder-I use around a quarter of what I'd use in a normal wash and rinse twice after the wash to get rid of excess detergent. Plus I do a tub clean (empty machibe on 90 deg wash) once every few weeks with no powdervto get rid of any lurking in the machine.

My avatar
simlou
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby simlou » Mon May 07, 2012 7:21 pm

sophie90 wrote:Been washing with our regular wasing powder (Daz), no fabric conditioner. Haven't done a strip wash tho, would that possibly help?

Worth a shot - here's the link to some useful tips:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=23823

Next

Return to Nappy Rash