hf1

Help!

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Help!

Postby Dora » Mon May 07, 2012 9:02 pm

I have personally found that once a lo has nappy rash, using a disposable won't help, unless using in conjunction with a prescribed cream. Using a fitted with wool covers has worked for me during teething. I always cold rinse before washing, use between a quarter and a half of laundry dose (ariel bio) at 50deg depending on how dirty and then rinse afterwards followed by a spin, which makes drying loads quicker. I use a monkeyfoot wetbag for storing the dirties before washing, not a wet pail and also use fleece and flushable liners together-one to catch solids and the other to prevent stains on the nappy :) you are changing regularly so if your lo is wet when changing I would say you should have a go at trying a much more absorbant nappy if the stripping/rinsing doesn't work. Good luck hun! :)

My avatar
sophie90
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby sophie90 » Tue May 08, 2012 7:12 am

I am going to give the stripping and rising a go (Have scrubbed the machine drawer clean and have to admit I am quite ashamed it was :puke: and have also done a maintenace wash) Strip wash started this morning :)
I will give him loads more nappy free time too, he has been getting some but possibly not as much as he may need..
I am going to give it a few days to settle and if nothing has happened then we will go back to the GP :)
I am going to have a look at Heavy wetter nappies too, just in case the issue is just that he wee's alot!!!
xx

My avatar
sophie90
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby sophie90 » Thu May 10, 2012 10:12 am

UPDATE:
Leo has a fungal infection :( He has had a new cream prescribed this morning so we have started on that :)
Stripped washed every nappy we own and he can still pee through them, so I think it could be that we need to have a look fitteds and heavy wetters (He is still peeing through dips too!)
At least all our nappies are lovely and shiny clean now tho and Leo's botty is going to get sorted now he has the right treatment :)
(Plus Leo being a super pee-er means I have an excuse to go shopping for new nappies!!! YAY!) :yahoo: :giggle:
xx

My avatar
shoogah01
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby shoogah01 » Thu May 10, 2012 10:21 am

we had huge issues with nappy rash for ages with nothing helping :( we ended up switching washing powder to surf and changed to using only pockets with disposable liners and the problem has completely gone now

My avatar
sophie90
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby sophie90 » Thu May 10, 2012 10:28 am

We've just switched to surf too :) Might give disp liners a go instead of the fleece and bamboo liners we've been using and see if that helps :)
xx

My avatar
Juli
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Juli » Thu May 10, 2012 1:41 pm

I just wanted to add that the best preventative and cure for nappy rash I found (to my surprise) to be good old plain corn flour. Just sprinkle a bit on his bottom and spread it around a bit at each nappy change. I tried lots of things, like aloe vera straight from the plant, camomile, a plethora of creams, but nothing worked as well as the corn flour.

My avatar
sophie90
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby sophie90 » Thu May 10, 2012 1:52 pm

It's funny isn't it that they find all these new creams and potions that dont do a thing, then you go back to basics and it works miracles!!
When zach had horredous nappy rash we found that basic unperfumed talc worked wonders at nappy change and bath time :)

Previous

Return to Nappy Rash