hf1

Can you recommend any bum creams to treat yeast infections?

My avatar
lady ri
Clothie
Clothie

Can you recommend any bum creams to treat yeast infections?

Postby lady ri » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:30 pm

My LO (5 mths) has got thrush again after just finishing a course of nystatin. A quick google has thrown up creams such as northern essence better butter cream and motherlove but these are sold in USA. Is there anything available in the UK suitable for cloth?

Appreciate any advice as I'm at the end of my tether!

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Re: Can you recommend any bum creams to treat yeast infections?

Postby littlesez » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:30 pm

Pretty sure no bum cream will treat a yeast infection ? But I am not a doctor so would be best to ask them . Isobella gets sore bits a lot and we use greenbaby nappy balm and is the only thing I would put on it we have nothing in the bath water even x

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:40 pm

littlesez wrote:Pretty sure no bum cream will treat a yeast infection ? But I am not a doctor so would be best to ask them . Isobella gets sore bits a lot and we use greenbaby nappy balm and is the only thing I would put on it we have nothing in the bath water even x

^This. You'll need to go to the GP for an antifungal cream to get rid of thrush (plus wash all the nappies at 60) Any cream is cloth friendly provided you use liners. Sometimes you may need to strip the liners if you've been using a lot of cream for a prolonged time but otherwise it should be fine.

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby aimeet » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:59 pm

What about aloe or coconut oil, both have antifungal properties. Also anything with oregano in. Its amazing stuff.
You can buy coconut oil in carribean shops cheaper than health shops too. Hth xx

My avatar
lady ri
Clothie
Clothie

Postby lady ri » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:04 pm

Ok thank you. Already using clotrimazole (sp?) from the drs. I'll start washing tomorrow and take it from there.
Thanks for all your suggestions. I'll try coconut oil and oregano. What about silk liners has anyone tried these? I've read that they are anti bacterial/fungal.

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby aimeet » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:12 pm

Not sure if dried oregano works and the oil is quite strong. I would maybe steep some in olive or coconut oil for sa few days and apply in nappy off time to reduce mess.
Nappy off time is good too. My dd had terrible thrush as a weeny and I didn't know about coconut then but jave heard amazing things about it so worth a go. Its a great all round wonder thing apparently with a multitude of uses :)

My avatar
lady ri
Clothie
Clothie

Postby lady ri » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:23 pm

Great thank you I'll definitely try the coconut oil and report back.

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:19 am

Bamboo is great too for skin so we used bamboo nappies and now I always use banmboo wipes instead of toilet paper which helps keep her from getting damp

My avatar
motherof4
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby motherof4 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:54 pm

lady ri wrote:Ok thank you. Already using clotrimazole (sp?) from the drs. I'll start washing tomorrow and take it from there.
Thanks for all your suggestions. I'll try coconut oil and oregano. What about silk liners has anyone tried these? I've read that they are anti bacterial/fungal.

silk liners worked for us :thumbsup:

Next

Return to Nappy Rash