hf1

Sore legs!

My avatar
BekkiLB
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Sore legs!

Postby BekkiLB » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:46 pm

Help ladies!! My wee boy keeps getting this rash on his legs and I can't work out why! It gets better and worse between nappy changes and I've not even been able to work out if its certain nappys as I'm not seeing a pattern! I put cjs on each change and as you can see, the elastic isn't over it so I don't think its from rubbing. Any one experienced this? Image

ETA, I haven't changed washing powder or anything at all like that.

My avatar
Sophiebeth23
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Sore legs!

Postby Sophiebeth23 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:14 pm

I would suggest a trip to the doctors as that looks very sore.

My avatar
BekkiLB
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby BekkiLB » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:45 pm

I've took him twice and both doctors said its just because of the nappies!Image this is it now maybe an hour later! (He wouldn't stay still for a proper picture but it's less angry!

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:02 pm

Yikes! have you tried him in disposables for a day to see if it gets any better, then at least you would know if it is the cloth and then try to narrow down the cause.

My avatar
BekkiLB
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby BekkiLB » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:07 pm

Funnily enough he was in a disposable when it first came up so naturally I assumed that was the culprit. He's had a few days In them while I stripped all the nappies but it was constantly red!

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:14 pm

Have you put anything on it? I would guess that it's a patch of nasty skin that is running against the nappy not sure if disposables will be any better but worth a shot. I'd try using aloe vera or something for a few days see if it gets any better? X

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:27 pm

Izzy used to get this with PUL we switched to fleece and wool ad hidden PUL which solved the problem

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:08 pm

You could try sposies whilst using Metanium (at least you won't spoil any nappies whilst using it as it stains) once you have got the rash a bit better I would try different types of nappies to see what really sets it off.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:56 am

Poor little man that does look sore :hug: Louis did go through a stage of his legs being quite bad and it was the night nappies that were doing it, I think again it was like Sara said to do with pul / synthetic fabrics as when I changed full time to wool at night the problem went away. Could you maybe start a little list of what he is wearing each day / when the redness is better / worse to try to work it out? Do your nappies all smell OK (ie dont' need a strip wash?). What temp do you usually wash at? If it is 40 degrees I'd suggest washing them all at 60 degrees to make sure that any bacteria etc is dead.
BekkiLB wrote:he was in a disposable when it first came up so naturally I assumed that was the culprit. He's had a few days In them while I stripped all the nappies but it was constantly red!
Louis was like that too with disposables. It did get a bit better as he got older and I could use the odd one!

Let us know how you guys get on @BekkiLB

Next

Return to Nappy Rash