hf1

Sore legs!

My avatar
BekkiLB
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Re: Sore legs!

Postby BekkiLB » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:31 pm

Nappies smell as they should and I wash everything at 60 twice a month. I've been keeping a list and making out of 5 how bad it looks each change but like I said, I can't see a pattern at all. the same itti can be a 5 one time then only a 2 the next!! The only nappy he has with exposed pul is his little lamb wrap for bed and actually his legs look the best first thing in the morning. I'm getting to my wits end :(

My avatar
clothsister
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby clothsister » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:21 pm

Is it worth changing your washing powder in case he has developed an allergy to the powder recently?!?! Not even sure it's possible, just a thought lol. X

My avatar
Dancing mum
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Dancing mum » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:34 am

Poor thing, it looks so sore!
Luckily my baby hasn't had this but the only other thing I can think of that might help is putting some lanisol (the pure lanolin nipple cream) on it might help? Just a thought as certainly worked wonders for cracked and bleeding nipples! I've started using it very occasionally on my baby if her bum looks a bit red / extra dry patches as though nappy rash might be on its way and so far it's worked wonders. Doesn't seem to have caused any problems with nappies so far either as I guess it's water soluble?

My avatar
Sophiebeth23
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Sophiebeth23 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:20 pm

Washing powder changes frequently about every 6 ish months as I have allergies it can be a total pain.

My avatar
BekkiLB
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby BekkiLB » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:31 pm

Sorry I've not got back to you sooner internets been down and just been busy as its Blaines first birthday on Wednesday. So I was nearly out of washing powder so I decided to just use the normal clothes powder and I showed my hv who prescribed him a steroid cream and low and behold his legs are healed all but a dry patch on one leg. Oh is now laying on the guilt about how this would never have happened if I hadn't decided to switch but since Blaine never seamed to be in any discomfort I'm trying to ignore him and put it to experiance. Thank you all for your tips and advice! Xxx

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Postby girlinleeds » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:52 pm

so pleased his legs are better :hug: :hug:

My avatar
BekkiLB
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby BekkiLB » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:06 pm

Arghhhh the red marks are back

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:01 am

BekkiLB wrote:Arghhhh the red marks are back

Oh no @BekkiLB what sorted it last time? Can you redo whatever it was? I know Louis used to get worse marks / rash etc if he was teething as I think thier wee is more acidic.

My avatar
BekkiLB
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby BekkiLB » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:53 pm

Last time I got a steroid cream and changed wash powder. He is teething at the moment so I'm hoping it's just that as I've only just clears his rash from sposie use last month. Looks more like dry skin this time kinda like excema!

PreviousNext

Return to Nappy Rash