hf1

Another rash :-S

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Another rash :-S

Postby AnnetteandBen » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:48 pm

Yeap Ben has another rash, this time it is on his thigh, he has 3 spots and some what looks like irratated skin. So far I have worked out the spots look white if they are moist ie inside a nappy, so need to try and stay outside a nappy, but being on the inner thigh is easier said than done. Wacking on his daktacort but they are not shifting yet, but we are trying different nappies from normal - got the gdiapers and pefolds out and been trying them today, not great poo containment, but hey they are washable nappies and not causing rubbish.

Might have to wait a while until we go back to our normal / fav 2 parters :cry:

Just seems we have a child with poorly nappy skin

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Another rash :-S

Postby tanya » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:54 pm

We had something like that on Bella's lady bits and the top of her legs last night, and teeth popped through this morning. Could Ben be teething?

I hope you manage to find some kind of a solution for it. >:D< >:D<

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:57 pm

Yes he could be teething as we have had dribble for days and days and no new teeth for over a month (still only 2 on the bottom but 4 fully grown on the top)

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:00 pm

I wash thinking Bella's rash looked quite thrush-like last night - whitish spots, concentrated over a small area - but they'd gone this morning. I was going to get some Canesten in town today if they'd still been there. I smeared metanium all over them last night before bed - it seems to work quite well at drying up soggy spots.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:03 pm

I'll get some out of the drawer as we still have lots of creams left over from my trial of buying everything available.

At first I was wondering if he was reacting to the binding on the wraps (weenotions and ME) but nothing has changed with those and how they have been washed. Got 'maintaince' washes going on with full dose powder for 1 wash and nothing for the 2nd on every nappy until they are all washed like this.

Return to Nappy Rash