hf1

My poor Evies sore bum :((

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

My poor Evies sore bum :((

Postby nic1 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:15 pm

Her bum has had a really weird rash for awhile now and hasn't cleared up after using bepanthan cream so trundled off to docs with her yesterday. He prescribed this cream 3 times daily: Tri-Adcortyl

Just changed Evie about 20 mins ago as thought it just needed changing to realise she'd poo'd and i hadn't realised so not sure how long she's been in that. When i went to wipe her i noticed blood in her nappy where her sores have bled :( :( :( the poor love. She's in agony when i wipe her. I am getting some eco disp tomorrow as that is what MIL is using this weekend while we are away. Dh reckons i should put her in these as her bum will stay drier. He thinks if it's always wet then that won't help her sores. Her bum really does look painful at mo. :? :( :cry: My poor love.
The wipes are washable ones i use with just cooled cammomile tea for the wipes solution.

Any suggestions? I hate seeing her in such agony at nappy changes.
Last edited by nic1 on Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:15 pm

Oh hun, I read your post earlier and I didn't reply as I really don't know what to suggest. What are your wipes made of? If they are terry etc you could maybe try with some fleece which doesn't 'pull' at all. Also try to pat more than wipe. Oh the poor little thing, I'm lucky I've never had a rash like that on my boys. Could you try spraying on the solution (what you are using sounds like the kindest thing to me) then just gently patting dry as much as you can. Long shot would be to sit her in some warm water in the bath and swooshing water on her to clean her so you dont' have to use any cloth if you see what I mean??

Hope she is better soon. (((((())))))s to you both.

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:26 pm

Thanks Tory, got a mixture of wipes, fleece and cotton ones. I do try to pat too rather than wipe so i am not dragging the wipes over her sores. I have put her into bed tonight in a disp just to see how it is in the morning. She's had some horrendous poo's of late too which of course doesn't help. The poor love :( :cry:

I have to ring my GP back in a week to see what the results of the swab he took are.

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:29 pm

Oh poor little Evie :(

I've no other suggestions, Nic, sorry - it sounds like you're doing all you can. Hope she's all better soon.

Joanne

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:46 pm

it's nasty when it gets bleedy isn't it poor little love. Metanium worked for us eventually but we used a whole tube before it did lol

My avatar
JanX
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby JanX » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:05 pm

Hiya

porr little thing, it's awful when this happens (I know, my son has it every now and then!), you could easily cry for them couldn't you?

Anyway, I hate :evil: to admit it but the only thing that works for ds when this happens is a 24 hour stint in sposies (not the eco ones either) a full on suck the moisture away sposie :roll:

Also try nappy free for as much as poss, good old honest fresh air can work wonders too!

hth :roll: (after all if a day in sposies sorts it out then they are worth it imo!!! as much as I hate them)

Jan x

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:35 am

The poor little thing. Phebie had to same kind of thing about a month ago. We tried everything and finally came across Daktozin its a medicated antifungal cream. On the bits that were bleeding I rubbed the cream right in then put a really thick barrier cream over it - Zinc and castor oil cream. It does sound alot but it was the only thing that cleared it up. I just used plain water on her washable wipes and actually started to use a Johnson & Johnson Aloe vera wipes and that seemed to have helped as well.

I didn't use disposibles at all just because her bottom never seemed to be overly damp. One thing I did do though, was using one of the double fleece wrap that I made on and then put a proper nappy over the top for night time so there was a think layer of fleece all over the nappy area and then a wool wrap. She had a huge bum but her bum was never worse in the morning iykwim.

My avatar
lilylover
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby lilylover » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:00 am

Oh poor little evie, it's terrible isn't it? All the suggestions have been good, and sometimes unfortunetly you just need to do all those things and ride it out. I do hope that her little bot is feeling better very soon.

Sam...

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:33 pm

How is she doing now?

I've found with us that re-usable wipes do tend to aggravate rashes and for us the earth-friendly-baby-company wipes were the best thing, soothing and calming and gentle...

I don't think I can really add anything to the above suggestions other than suggest that if you don't already then give your nappies a 60degree wash to kill any lurking nasties... And yes lots of nappy off time!

Disposables may not help (don't for us) but it depends what the problem is...

Next

Return to Nappy Rash