Bad mummy :(

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Bad mummy :(

Postby clairelana » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:35 am

I feel so bad :(
We got a nappy yesterday and me wanting to try it didn't wash it before i used it. I usually give them a couple of washes first :(
Kaydi did a poo in the nappy and her bottom is now really sore :cry: I have some bottom stuff from bums and roses but can't find it. Its red and is quite raw in two places. They seem to have blistered over this morning but its not nice. I have put a small amount of sudocrem and rubbed it in well.

Any sugestions?

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Bad mummy :(

Postby Allie » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:42 am

Aww poor Kaydi. Very quick reply as i'm off out to work but I would suggest loads of nappy free time today and if using sudocreme, use a liner in your nappies so it doesn't clog them up.

Hth

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:57 am

Oooo yeah Thanx Allie.
Off i go to seearch for the linners...... :giggle: i always forget to use them.

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:09 am

Aww poor lil Miss, don't feel bad though these things happen. Gracies bum is so red just now I could see it in the dark last night when I was changing her, her runny bum is causing it. Nappy free time is great and bepanthon seems to work well for us and yep def use liners, thankfully I have a big stash of them!!

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:18 am

Aww poor Kaydi. :hug: Katie had a teething rash a while ago. Metanium worked really well for us. Hope it heals quickly. :hug:

My avatar
littlehayley
Clothie
Clothie

Postby littlehayley » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:33 am

No advice on the nappy rash, but just wanted to say I did exactly the same last week. I got a lovely new (preloved) weenotions nappy and was so keen to use it that i just put it straight on DS without thinking. Not sure what washing powder the previous person had used but it smelled really strong and made DS really sore after only wearing it for a couple of hours. I felt really guilty 'cos I should have realised from the strong smell of powder that it would need a wash/rinse first. I've since washed it and can still smell the old powder so I think I'll have to put it through the wash again just to be sure.

He's a lot better this week but it's taken lots of nappy free time, loads of sudocreme and a few disposables to get him back to normal.

Hayley

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:09 pm

Kaydi had loads of nappy free time yesterday and it seems much better today. Sill quite red but its much better.
phew no sposies.....lol don't want DH to know i have a secret pack upstairs......lol They prob won't even fit now....... :hohoho:

I can't smell so i wouldn't of known if it was a strong smell. I just wanted to see how absorbant it was. I have washed it a few times and now its soaking in a fixer ready to be dyed. So it will be washed again a few more times before i use it.

Return to Nappy Rash