hf1

Nappy rash i think! Help :(

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Nappy rash i think! Help :(

Postby happytails » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:41 pm

Amber is 3 weeks tomorrow and yesterday i noticed these pimple type spots on her bottom :(

She has been in sposies since birth as was too small for reusables but since Monday she has been in her reusables all day and only since then ive noticed it so am a bit worried. She has disposable liners from Boots - not sure if they have caused anyone else any bother? Other than that, im really hoping its not the reusables causing it. She has got sudocrem and bepanthen barrier creams that i am using from today but any advice would be appreciated.

All nappies have been prewashed and only in non bio. We are using a mix of cotton wool and water and then pampers sensitive wipes depending on if we are out etc.

Thanks in advance

Sarah xxx

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Nappy rash i think! Help :(

Postby tanya » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:47 pm

TBH, it sounds more like thrush to me. Are the pimples white? I would try some canesten cream on it.

Also, if it is thrush, wash your nappies on 60 until it clears to kill of all bugs.

And it's unlikely to be your cloth causing it.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:47 pm

AAAAARGH just wrote you a huge reply and lost it!

My avatar
becsom
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby becsom » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:50 pm

Has she got a red rash with spots that look a bit white? Could be thrush which you would need anti-fungal cream for. Might be worth getting it checked by your HV. If it is, you also need to wash nappies at 60C to stop re-infection.

I haven't used Bepanthan, but often use Metanium if Nell gets sore bits (teething etc), hope it clears up soon :hug:

Edited to say - Tanya has just written the same thing :wink:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:51 pm

tanya2007 wrote:TBH, it sounds more like thrush to me. Are the pimples white? I would try some canesten cream on it.

Also, if it is thrush, wash your nappies on 60 until it clears to kill of all bugs.

And it's unlikely to be your cloth causing it.

Yes - what I was typing out before I lost the huge post was:

moved to the nappy rash section - have a good read of the posts and stickies here as they're full of very excellent advice.

Pimples (esp if angry and red) sound more like thrush so ditch the barrier creams (stop thrush healing), ditch the wet-wipes (pampers sensitive are terrible for sensitive skin whatever the marketing would have you believe!!) and make sure you're washing at 60 as that kills thrush...

If it is thrush you will need some cream from your GP or health visitor...

Disposable wipes: Really honestly don't use pampers (or Johnsons) wipes they're dreadful for sensitve skin and caused horrible rashes on Isabelle... The only mainstream wipes we can use on Isabelle are the huggies pure ones... Otherwise the earth friendly baby company wipes are excellent but I've only ever found those online... :roll:

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:38 pm

Thanks everyone - im quite worried at how its come about .

i have some huggies pure so will use them and will wash the nappies at 60c until its cleared up. I will call my HV tomorrow about it as ive been fretting all evening!

Sarah x

My avatar
juboo752
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby juboo752 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:55 pm

happytails wrote:Thanks everyone - im quite worried at how its come about .

i have some huggies pure so will use them and will wash the nappies at 60c until its cleared up. I will call my HV tomorrow about it as ive been fretting all evening!

Sarah x

Try not to worry, thrush is quite common in babies and easily treatable with cream :hug:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:57 pm

juboo752 wrote:Try not to worry, thrush is quite common in babies and easily treatable with cream :hug:

Yep honestly don't worry - it's really really common - especially if either of you were given antibiotics during labour, birth, or anytime after...

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:23 am

WTS

:hug: :hug: :hug: hope you get it sorted soon!

Next

Return to Nappy Rash