Nappy rash i think! Help :(

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Nappy rash i think! Help :( *UPDATE*

Postby happytails » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:37 pm

Update.

Swapped from pampers sensitive wipes to Huggies pure and used Sudocrem on the rash until i managed to get to town to buy some Metanium and see the HV. When we got to see the HV most of the rash had gone so ive come to the conclusion it was the wipes.

Since then i washed all the nappies at 60c incase of any bacteria and also doing an extra rinse after every nappy wash now incase it was the washing powder still present. Not sure what helped or whether it was a mixture - im just glad its cleared up. the HV said if it comes back and doesnt go in a few days to come in and get her looked at.

Got rid of my pampers wipes and have 3 different types of nappy rash cream/ointment now lol x

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Re: Nappy rash i think! Help :(

Postby Louise » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:39 pm

Glad the rash has gone. FC it doesn't come back.

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:59 pm

Glad it's cleared up

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:19 am

Glad it has cleared up :wine:

I remember reading somewhere, perhaps nappylady it is recommended to wash nappies at 60 degrees until your baby is 3 months old and at all other nappy rash / possible infection times or if sharing nappies between children, to do with immune systems and re infection.

I haven't been brave enough to drop to 40 as we always seem to have some sort of rash on the go.

Previous

Return to Nappy Rash