hf1

argh red spots and spreading **change of diagnosis pg 3**

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

argh red spots and spreading **change of diagnosis pg 3**

Postby AnnetteandBen » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:57 pm

I have calmed down since I have now realised it can't be the dreaded meningitis as they did go under the tumbler being pressed quite hard. They have spread throughout the morning, only in nappy area, but not all the nappy area, mainly thighs, now leaving nappy area, and above his bits, non around bum. They are red and raised and pin prick like.

He has been wearning longies day and night since yesterday morning (longies over night before that), not the same pair, seperate ones for night.

Hopefully the gp can squeeze him in, when the drs call at 4pm. I don't think it can be chicken pox as it is not like I have seen before and we haven't been in contact with anyone with it. And I don't think it can be heat rash especially being in woolies all the time. Washing powder, lanolin, wooly wash, diet is all normal, nothing new.

Perhaps it is just a normal nappy rash - yes we are getting zillions of teeth through. Just spotted last night the tooth coming through is actually a biggy as the otherside has broken the skin, the matching one on the otherside has just broken the skin and there are a few more breaking the skin too.1
Last edited by AnnetteandBen on Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: argh red spots and speading

Postby Shevi » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:27 pm

could it be as simple as a nappy rash possibly compounded by thrush?

little dots do sound like thrush, and the fact that its restricted to the nappy area would imply that its something to do with the nappy, wee poo or washing powder, so i wouldn't be too worried...but i agree with taking to the dr if you are woriied and i hope he says its someing nice and simple

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby jules070603 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:59 pm

Awww, Hope Ben is OK. xxx

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:00 pm

Let us know what the doc said hun :hug:

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Allie » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:02 pm

:hug: :hug: :hug: hope the appointment goes well and Ben is better soon

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:14 pm

:hug: How did you get on at the docs?

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:14 pm

Back from drs,

He doesn't have a clue, he could rule loads of stuff out, ie not menginitis, not heat rash, not chicken pox, but there were more spots there not just in nappy area, spreading outside where it doesn't touch, but some had settled down and merged into redness. Advice to get to a&e over the weekend to see a pead if it gets any worse. Dr said to put some emoliount (sp) cream on, so I asked for Aveeno and got it!

Benjamin is really happy in himself and was happily walking round in circles in the waiting room.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: argh red spots and spreading **update

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:51 pm

Fab that you got Aveeno - bit annoying that the Dr didn't have a clue though :roll:

Fingers crossed it's just one of those things and disappears as quickly as it appeared... :hug:

My avatar
Allie
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: argh red spots and spreading **update

Postby Allie » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:19 pm

:hug: :hug: :hug:hope the aveeno cream works. Glad it doesn't seem to be bothering Ben too much

Next

Return to Nappy Rash