hf1

MEGA nappy rash

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

MEGA nappy rash

Postby JennyPenny » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:18 pm

Hi. Will go into more detail in a bit but wanted to quickly ask - Elouise has the worst sore bum I hav seen so far. She is bleeding and having trouble even sitting on it :( She is SCREAMING when I touch her (and have had to as she has had yukky sticky poos all day).

Am about to bath her and put her to bed - whats the best thing to do for her bum? She has no nappy on at the mo, but obviously needs one on for bedtime (6pm). Am I best off to put her in a disposable so I can cover her in cream? She sleeps from 6pm till between 8-10am so needs to be absorbant!

Anybody know what the best cream is? Feel so sorry for her!

I THINK it could be caused by the kiwi she had yesterday?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: MEGA nappy rash

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:26 pm

What creams do you have in?

If she's bleeding then something with antiseptic properties but also thick and moisturising would be good...

Some people swear by disposables to clear up rashes but we found they made them worse - sometimes they help keep the skin superdry but that's not always helpful and the chemicals can cause problems... So if you know she doesn't react to disps go for it I'd guess?

(I'll move this to the nappy rash section for you)

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:27 pm

I'd also put some oats in her bath (tied in a muslin or old pop sock) to help moisturise and soothe the skin...

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:05 pm

:hug: :hug: not sure what to advise really, I wold stick to using cloth though, just use a liner so any cream doesn't get on the nappy.
I had an op when I was younger (bowel re-section) and my botty was the same, raw skin (sorry tmi) in those days you could buy gentian violet (not sure on spelling) and it was clear in 24 hours but I don't think you can buy it now!!!!

ETA just googled it and you can still buy it, it was amazing stuff but I had to wear disp pants because it is BRIGHT purple :giggle:

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:22 pm

anything you can slap on even vaseline would be better than nothing. Disps hardly make a difference sometimes :hug:

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:46 pm

I've never used disps, just a paper liner and a huge fleece one underneath to protect the nappies. I found metanium and bepanthen really helped Katie when she had a really sore bum. :hug: :hug: for Elouise, hope it clears up quickly.

My avatar
JennyPenny
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby JennyPenny » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:00 pm

I didn't see any of the messages as I didn't know there was a nappy rash section! :oops:

Well I have put her in a sposie (wouldn't have if I had seen your replies!) Caked her in sudo cream (well, the boots equivilant) and put her to bed. I didn't want to use disposable liner as she seems to react to them for some reason. and didn't want to ruin her night nappies as we are short on them as it is till we get the rest of them. Would it have been ok to use a fleece liner or would it have ruined it? And the other thing is that fleece liners don't cover the whole nappy, so would probably have still gone on the nappy?

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:04 pm

A fleece liner might have been OK - you can always rescue them with washing up liquid to get rid of the grease. You might find the disposable helps and it's only 1 nappy. FC the rash is better by the morning or at least healing well.

I am a big user of Bepanthen as a first resort, but have tried what felt like every nappy cream on the market before that.

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:13 pm

i used metainium and it worked. only thing is it stains everything yellow. :|
fc its better in the morning.
intrestingly, (is that a word?!), when dan has any thing strawberry or mango he gets a horrid rash. Also when hes cutting teeth.

Next

Return to Nappy Rash