hf1

Nappy rash

My avatar
clarge
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Nappy rash

Postby clarge » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:33 pm

Right - I know this is the opposite of the norm, from what i can tell, but Dylan is getting a red bottom daily since starting in cloth. Its not every nappy but at least once a day he comes out of a nappy all red... He NEVER got nappy rash in sposies. Am I letting the nappies get too wet? He had a blueberry OS on over lunch, from about 11.45 to 1.30 maybe... bum was bright red... The nappy is new and only washed once, have the inserts not reached full potential and so getting too wet?

Thanks

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Nappy rash

Postby emmalala » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:39 pm

what washing powder do you use?

My avatar
clarge
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clarge » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:10 pm

Soap nuts

My avatar
clarge
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clarge » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:17 pm

I think it has gotta be down to wettness... I think the BB insert is like hemp or something, maybe its just not fully absorbant yet..... The ittis have been ok.... Cant remember which others have been nad - i will have to keep a closer eye....

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:29 pm

ok hun. think they are hemp. i dont use our BBOS any more cos they get soaked. should sell them really.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:32 pm

The BB Combo insert is approx half hemp and half microfibre. If they are brand new, they will need considerably more than 1 prewash to get them up to anywhere near full absorbancy.

TBH, I found those inserts to be fairly useless, but my DD is a very heavy wetter.

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Postby Soupdragon » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:37 pm

Hemp takes about 10 washes to get to to full absorbency. Some LOs also react badly to man-made fibres next to their skin. If you're not using a liner with the Itiis, maybe he's better with the bamboo against his skin, rather than fleece?

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:42 pm

tanya2007 wrote:The BB Combo insert is approx half hemp and half microfibre. If they are brand new, they will need considerably more than 1 prewash to get them up to anywhere near full absorbancy.

TBH, I found those inserts to be fairly useless, but my DD is a very heavy wetter.

not good for me either

My avatar
clarge
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clarge » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:51 pm

Dylan seems to be an average wetter from what i can tell.... I dont think the wonderfulls standard inserts are particularly absorbant but lasted dylan a good 3 hours.... He does big wees at certain times, IE first thing in morning and over lunch.

I terms of things next to his skin, the wonderoo and fuzzi are fine, i dont use an additional liner in anything at the moment, so i dont think thats a problem.

Thanks for all the advice... Just hope I can suss this rash problem... Try again tomorrow.

Next

Return to Nappy Rash