hf1

how often should you do nappy free time and how?

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

how often should you do nappy free time and how?

Postby babyjjbaby » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:40 pm

i know its a stupid question but how often do you do nappy free time and when and how without wee ending up everywhere lol

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: how often should you do nappy free time and how?

Postby emmajayne33 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:44 pm

I do it every morning before I've got him dressed and every evening before I get him ready for bed. I just lay him on his changing mat on the floor with a bambino mio prefold under his bum to catch any pee :) which doesn't always work, but hey ho... it's just a bit of wee :giggle:

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:48 pm

We don't do it as a totally regular routine type thing, but probably a couple of times a week before his bath at night for anywhere between 10 minutes to an hour (basically, if a nappy needs changing with only 45 mins to bath time I don't bother putting a new one on). He runs around the house or sometimes the garden if the weather's good enough. As for avoiding wee everywhere, erm.... pretty impossible unless I was to follow him round with a prefold ready to throw under him. Luckily the entire downstairs of the house is wood/tile floored so it doesn't matter really, and out in the garden it matters even less :giggle:

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:58 pm

i was thinking i should try and do it everyday for him so any ideas how i can try and make it a routine how long do yuo think he should be on the mat with no nappy having a kick don't think i could do it in the mornig as i want to try and get us both dressed earlyier cos i am so lazy

My avatar
Soupdragon
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Site Supporter

Postby Soupdragon » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:55 am

After Iris has had breakfast, I have a shower. I've got into the habit of bringing her in with me for the last 5 minutes, rather than top and tail her in a morning. So after we've had a shower, I'll let her run around naked for 15 minutes while I get dressed. And then I do the same of an evening - Iris has a bath and gets to be naked for a while either just beforehand or just after. Any accidents just get mopped up; it's impossible to get a toddler to stay still. :giggle:

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby emmalala » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:02 am

i tend to do it for 5 or ten minutes on a morning and after a bath. he really really enjoys it!!!
i put him on a towel or changing mat

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:17 pm

Ben has had a sore bum recently so I have been giving him 1/2 hour or 45 mins of nappy free time in the evening - Mark thinks I am crazy but we haven't had an accident yet, I don't know if he realises he has no nappy on or if we have just been very lucky as he poos all day long and they are horrid. Sorry tmi!

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:21 pm

Annette wrote:Ben has had a sore bum recently so I have been giving him 1/2 hour or 45 mins of nappy free time in the evening - Mark thinks I am crazy but we haven't had an accident yet, I don't know if he realises he has no nappy on or if we have just been very lucky as he poos all day long and they are horrid. Sorry tmi!

Now you've said that, you are bound to get an accident soon :giggle: :giggle:

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:24 pm

yep you have probably jinxed ur good luck now annette

Next

Return to Nappy Rash