hf1

thrush - :-(

My avatar
fleur08
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

thrush - :-(

Postby fleur08 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:49 am

ok, anyone have any ideas how long thrush should take to clear up?
emilie has got a 2nd bout of it, first took a week with thrush cream & metanium, just got it clear ,had a day out & used disposable wipes & it came back 2 days later :x
this time its taking longer 10 days so far and has 2 nasty craters on her girly bits & a few more new spots coming on her bum.
im washing all nappys,wraps & wipes at 60 deg with bambinex nappy wash/soak, so presumably its not still lingering in them.
at what point would you see a docor nurse?
the hv when she first got it didnt even look at it just said what to use and if it doesnt start to improve to come back!

My avatar
emmalala
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: thrush - :-(

Postby emmalala » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:57 am

id go see a doc asap. if its not clearing up its worth checking out. having said that it took 3 weeks to clear dans :roll:

My avatar
fleur08
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby fleur08 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:07 am

yeah, thats what i was starting to think - it seems to almost get better then flare up again, bloody annoying!!!!!

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:54 pm

No experience of thrush, sorry, hope it clears up soon :hug:

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:15 pm

I agree with Emma. Go to the Docs - you might need some stronger cream to get rid of it if it keeps coming back so quickly.

We found Bepanthen much better than Metanium for healing up the craters left behind. But different creams work for different babies.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:44 pm

Yeap go to gp and if you want insist they take a swab to be sent to the hospital lab. We have had so many different infections, the first lasting from about 4 days old until about 3 months and currently have another one on the go and on third different type of cream and this time it doesn't even have a name just baffled 2 gps. Bio detergent might help cleaning the nappies at 60 - always worth a try.

My avatar
fleur08
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby fleur08 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:13 pm

thanks ladies,
think i will make an app with gp, might give hv one last try as she has a clinic tomorrow.
it looks a little bit better tonight but has more red spots appearing on her bum so im guessing they are going to turn into craters too, am almost temptd to try dispicables for a week and see if that helps clear it up any quicker -but then again i'drather spend that money on fluff!

fingers crossed i'll get it sorted soon.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:19 pm

what thrush cream did you get - IMO on Ben's bum the only thing which normally worked was daktacort so much so we have it on repeat prescriptions. I don't think switching to other nappies would help and certainly never did for us.

My avatar
fleur08
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby fleur08 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:44 pm

its just a 1% thrush cream from the chemist as recomended by hv,def think i need something stronger.
i didnt think changing to disposables would make much difference, just glad someone else has said it at least i can tell the hv/doctor to stuff it if the say its the cloth causing/making it worse.

Next

Return to Nappy Rash