Super fast appearing nappy rash?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Super fast appearing nappy rash?

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:12 pm

Poor baby bear is sooooooooooo sore...

She poo'd in her night nappy while having breakfast this morning and DH changed her as I was having a lie-in... Only we think he didn't quite clean her thoroughly enough (altho' her skin was clean) as the next nappy change (having had perfectly clear skin before) she was red raw poor thing and cried when I wiped her, even the gentlest of wiping seemed to cause her pain!

Have put my magic creams on her today but I'm not sure they've helped much yet... Put some bicarb in the bath water too with no bubbles today to help calm it but I can't put any cream on overnight as without fail even the tinyest smear makes her night nappy leak bizarely...

Anyone got any likely culprits? It looks like she's been burned!

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:16 pm

teething or upset tummy. it really is the equivilant of an acid burn. the poor poor dolly, hope it feels better soon
shevi
ps. try calamine lotion to sooth it, and it shouldn't make your nappies leak as is non greasy

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:01 pm

Duh - I'd forgotten calamine lotion... Used it last time she had a nasty rash too!

Weird - she's got spots on her legs now...

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:31 pm

could be virus...or thrush, if you want to link it to the rash.
really hope it heals super quick. do you have metanium? its worth a night in sposies to slap on the metanium as it really will heal overnight (if its not trush releted)

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:21 pm

Unfortunately she's allergic to disposables so can't go down that route!!

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:33 pm

oh, how very unfortunate, then try a HUGE fleece liner that you can wash with washing up liquid tommorrow morning.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:18 pm

Well after slathering her with calamine lotion the redness is vanishing fast (and not just hidden by the calamine!!) :D

Only thing is now... She's got RINGWORM!!! :shock:

The nursery rang me (20mins before I was due to come and pick her up!) I thought what on earth can it be...

It's not as bad as it sounds tho' its not actually a worm - it's a fungal skin infection often caused by infected eczema... Nursery flagged it up to me today - so I'm slapping on the canasten for a few weeks it seems... Thankfully got a tube left-over from the last horrendous nappy rash (which was remarkably similar so she may have had same last-time) in August...

And who on earth knows how long it would take to get seen by a doctor! Might check with the Pharmacist that it's the right stuff altho' t'internet says so ;)

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:00 pm

poor poor dolly, at least you now know what it is so can treat it bestest

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:55 am

Poor little chook, at least you know what it is now!

Return to Nappy Rash