hf1

So angry

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

So angry

Postby HannahBanana » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:43 am

Yesterday my sister looked after Erin as MIL is in India and I had work.

Anyway I got in about 5.20 and Erin started pulling at her nappy so took her upstairs to change her.

She got extremely distressed and it was quite upsetting. I took her nappy off and she had pooed and it was dry and stuck to her bum. Her bum was pink and red and all sore. She was crying loads and stopped the instant I put the metanium on.

When I told my sister she was apologetic and recalled the last time she changed her was 12!!!!!! so not only had Erin been left to sit in her own poo but she hadn't checked her for nearly 5.5 hours!!!

I'm so angry at her and Erin's poor bot was looking so good before this happened.

Just a rant mainly but I shall not be asking her to look after Erin again, this was the final straw.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:07 am

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Unbelieveable! Poor thing... Hope she's feeling better soon and her skin returns to normal quickly under your care!

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:15 am

Ahhh poor little Erin. Hope it clears up soon with some tlc.

My avatar
ginchyworld
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby ginchyworld » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:46 am

AAARRRGGGGHHHH.

I hope Erin's bum is better soon.

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:21 am

OMG!! I take it she doesn't have kids?? Really hope that her bot clears up soon the poor little thing.

When Hannah was about 2 we went and picked her up from daycare and they had 'forgotten' to change her ALL day so about 8ish hours. I knew because I sent her in a huggies and she was still in it (they use a different brand)

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:31 am

As nasty as it is, and I wouldn't wish stiing in poo that long for anyone, at least the nappy wasn't leaking as well.

My avatar
caeganol
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby caeganol » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:50 am

Hannah,
I know you are very angry and upset and must say you should be.
But, there is a point, if she hasn't had kids then she wouldn't know and they believe in playing and having fun. What I am saying is she can't think like a mummy unless she has been there and done that.
Worse if she is young and so please don't be too hard on yourself and her. perhaps she needs some training and strick instructions about nappy change including sniffing.

I am sure she didn't mean to be nasty!!!!!!!!. Its just that she can't think like a mummy. Checklist--they haven't one!
i have a younger sister and she is an angel, loves to play witj my kids. My OO doesn't want to know us when she is here. My LO also loves her but I think I will have to train her if I ever leave them to her.

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:13 am

poor poor erin.
i have a sis in law who i never ask to look after my kids since she 1. sat here drink baileys 1 night aged 15. 2. i came home to find taneli curled up asleep in his cot all naked and wet when i had explicitly told her that he did like to remove his babygro and nappies and checking him involved actually going into the room and checking him, not just assuming that everything was quiet and theirfore good, i even went so far as to remind her that Dead babies dont make any noises, but after she had obviously not checked on him again, i have never used her since. it has been almost 3 years and she hasn't got any more responsible.
her sis on the other hand also has no kids (but will soon!) but is happy to take instructions and doesn't ignore me completely and think that she knows better.
sorry rant over...I understand completely, feel free to rant more.
shevi

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:56 pm

But she is a MUM!!!!

She's just bloody lazy! she has a 2.5 yr old who is still in nappies (he has some conditions and development problems so actually still very babylike) so she has no excuses.

He chewed through one of Erin's favourite books last week when she was babysitting so she obviously isn't watching them properly as I would have noticed him doing it waaaaay before it got ruined.

She's just one massive disappointment at the moment and i just want to shake her sometimes, half the time she doesn't even realise when she is in the wrong.

Next

Return to Nappy Rash