Ben's bum

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Ben's bum

Postby AnnetteandBen » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:56 pm

I can't believe I am posting about nappy rash already but,

Ben has a red line on 1 cheek of his bum, its not sore like normal nappy rash caused by teeth or acid wee, but red and hard.

So far we have tried what seems like everything, we wipe (water) and dry and have used vaseline, sudocrem, bepthem?, got some johnsons nappy cream to try too. MW saw it and said use Sudocrem but the redness hasn't gone or got better or worse just the same. Its like a hard area of skin, I wonder if its healing underneath and going to grow out eventually, but it isn't anywhere else. It doesn't seem to hurt him either.

Any ideas? - we change him after each feed which was 3 hours and now stretching to 4, but he is asleep at the other times so don't really want to wake him.

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:59 pm

You seem to be doing all the things they suggest. I'd give it a few days and see how it goes. I wouldn't want to wake him either.
We found sudocrem as useful as a chocolate teapot, and have found metanium works well for us.

My avatar
ericaj1
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ericaj1 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:07 pm

Yes we swear by metanium too. How about massaging a little warmed olive oil into it if its hard, may soften the skin up.

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:37 am

Cant remember what is was or which cream we used but that sounds very similiar to something that Phebie had when she was younger. We used either sudocream or zinc and castor oil (can get it made up at the pharmacy)

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:34 am

Hard to say on this one - is it the nappies or wraps rubbing his legs?
Shea butter is a fantastic cure for all sorts of nappy rash, it's not expensive either - definatley worth a try.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:11 pm

Will try and get some metatanim cream - its def nothing rubbing as you have to seperate his bum cheeks to get to the sore bit, as I had thought fleece reaction at first, but its not.

Have also gone to 2 hourly nappy changes when I am awake, which has helped, even if he is asleep, if tired he either sleeps through it or goes back straight after.

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:44 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:Hard to say on this one - is it the nappies or wraps rubbing his legs?
Shea butter is a fantastic cure for all sorts of nappy rash, it's not expensive either - definatley worth a try.

I'm waiting on a delivery of some shea butter! can't wait to try it!

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:51 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:Hard to say on this one - is it the nappies or wraps rubbing his legs?

I'm waiting on a delivery of some shea butter! can't wait to try it!

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:19 pm

where do you recommend getting shea butter from?

Next

Return to Nappy Rash