Is it ok to use creams?

My avatar
NicolaM
Clothie
Clothie

Is it ok to use creams?

Postby NicolaM » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:01 am

Hi

I'm new to cloth nappies (have been using itti's for about 3 weeks now!) and my son has a patch of redness which I would normally put sudocrem on. Can you do this with cloth nappies or does the cream affect the absorbancy?

Hope this isn't a really stupid question :giggle:

Nic

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Is it ok to use creams?

Postby Annette » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:10 am

You need to be careful with greasy creams, but I find if you just use a small amount and rub it in well, it doesn't affect the nappies. Alternatively you could use some paper or fleece liners temporarily that you don't mind throwing out if they get clogged up.

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:41 am

WE use bibs and bots skincare range and they have a nappy cream one and they are for use with cloth nappies, they work a treat and smell devine :wink:

My avatar
NicolaM
Clothie
Clothie

Postby NicolaM » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:05 am

happytails wrote:WE use bibs and bots skincare range and they have a nappy cream one and they are for use with cloth nappies, they work a treat and smell devine :wink:

Thanks for that I will check out the cream. Hubby won't be too pleased about me spending more money!

My avatar
lisa0476
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby lisa0476 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:31 pm

I was just going to post the axact same, my boy uses itti bitti and now has nappy rash for the first time ever and was wondering about creams lol

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby emmajayne33 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:22 pm

Annette wrote:You need to be careful with greasy creams, but I find if you just use a small amount and rub it in well, it doesn't affect the nappies. Alternatively you could use some paper or fleece liners temporarily that you don't mind throwing out if they get clogged up.

WSS, we have loads of fleece liners, so we usually just use one of those :)

My avatar
NicolaM
Clothie
Clothie

Postby NicolaM » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:11 am

Was just about to buy some fleece liners as we use paper at the moment but they had a warning that you can't use greasy creams! Can someone confirm it is ok to use nappy creams with fleece liners? Sorry for the silly questions.

Also which fleece liner would be best size to use with a large itti?

Thanks
Nic

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:17 am

I just make my own fleece liners! Fleece doesn't need hemmed, as it doesn't unravel, so you can just cut around a booster or something that you have and you get a nice cheap liner :) Or you can just cut rectangles. I could do with making some more actually...

My avatar
NicolaM
Clothie
Clothie

Postby NicolaM » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:58 pm

dawnsmummy wrote:I just make my own fleece liners! Fleece doesn't need hemmed, as it doesn't unravel, so you can just cut around a booster or something that you have and you get a nice cheap liner :) Or you can just cut rectangles. I could do with making some more actually...

thanks for that - can i use any fleece?

Next

Return to Nappy Rash