Postby bryc1 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:03 pm

Thanks Ruth. Will get some ordered.

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Re: Any ideas

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:57 am

Velvetsteph wrote:someone pm'd me about rashes recently and said that metanium was causing problems and may have contributed so ditch it and try something else instead...

provided you rinse well there shouldn't be any detergent residue in the fabric anyway so it shouldnt' be that...

That was me :)
Lo started with blisters on her 'bit's then that progressed to red raw sores on her bottom. I stripped all her nappies using soda crystals & persil - we used to use bold but I suspect that started the rash due to the formula change. We were using metanium, but the sores started bleeding & she was crying when she was changed and metanium was applied. Steph suggested to clean lo throughly in the morning (so she gets dunked in the bath) and unless she's poo'd, just dry her at nappy changes and clean throughly before bed (thats her main bath time) - we did this for the first time yesterday and the rash is already looking calmer. I also use sudocrem at EVERY change, as bepanthen was also irritating lo. She's now changed ever 1 1/2hr, exhausting, but its working, and it in fitteds (bamboo), with a minkee liner and wool. This means a nappy wash everyday now, but thats fine if it clears up the rash - I've just washed all of lo's nappies again at 60 to get rid of the cream & any irritants. We use cloth wipes, I tried huggies pure yesterday but that seemed to hurt lo, so when she poo'd I added a TINY amount of her organic wash and used that to wipe her bum - but patting rather than 'wiping' IYSWIM. Steph also suggest Angel baby diaper wash & bottom balm - which I've ordered from ebay (cheapest I could find) - looks good as it doesn't contain any nasties.Nappy free time is also good, she has 15mins before her evening bath - I can't handle anymore than that as she just doesn't stay still LOL!!

HTH

My avatar
bryc1
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby bryc1 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:25 pm

Just a quick update to say thanks for advice, her rash has completly gone now think it was a combo of NN getting to wet so she got rash then I put on metanium making it worse. Stopped NN for now and have got some of the angel baby stuff which you are right is fab stuff.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:53 pm

bryc1 wrote:Just a quick update to say thanks for advice, her rash has completly gone now think it was a combo of NN getting to wet so she got rash then I put on metanium making it worse. Stopped NN for now and have got some of the angel baby stuff which you are right is fab stuff.

:wine: yay!

My avatar
zippie-purple-monkey
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby zippie-purple-monkey » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:36 pm

Fab news!!! My lo's nappy rash is getting better,gone from blisters to dull patches now, so wohoo!!
Thx for all the help Steph!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:33 pm

zippie-purple-monkey wrote:Fab news!!! My lo's nappy rash is getting better,gone from blisters to dull patches now, so wohoo!!
Thx for all the help Steph!

You are more than welcome - SO glad to hear its healing!

Previous

Return to Nappy Rash