hf1

Do I have to just accept that my cloth days are over?

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:51 pm

Shevi wrote:if i cant eat almonds...i probably should put them on my skin either, right?

probably not!

I had 50yr old hands too, now they are more the 'right age' - just the rest of the body to fix now then LOL

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:51 pm

Shevi wrote:if i cant eat almonds...i probably should put them on my skin either, right?

I would say a big fat NO to putting them on your skin if you can't eat them....

Almond oil is in LOADS of stuff though!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:52 pm

babyroo wrote:

probably not!

I had 50yr old hands too, now they are more the 'right age' - just the rest of the body to fix now then LOL

So how do we do that then? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:54 pm

i know...i dont buy most massage oils...as i was never brave enough to try almond things on my skin!! now i mix walnut oil from my kitchen with yummy essential oils!!! (i am ok with walnuts...i have a very weird selection of mild allergys to most fruits and some nuts)

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:00 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:
babyroo wrote:

probably not!

So how do we do that then? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll try it all over next :D Shame it won't help with the weightloss tho'

My avatar
flamesparrow
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby flamesparrow » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:55 pm

I have old lady fingers stuck on the rest of my hands - just my ring finger on each hand gets covered with eczema, so they are weird n wrinkled with thin skin, whilst the rest is normal! Emrys has this freaky thumb thing going on because he sucks it so much it is bigger than the other and all wrinkled and cracked.

I have been attacking his bum with a concoction from a friend - beeswax, creosote and summat else. It is healing, but he is still refusing point blank to wear cloth. He is scared :cry:

I don't think I can do it to him anymore. I love my nappies, but something that makes him run away hiding his bum cannot be good for him. I won't part with them, and I will keep trying as and when I can (even the odd cloth nappy here and there will be better than constant disposables). Maybe he will settle and forget, but for the time at least, I am throwing my money into the pockets of the good ( :roll: ) people at Huggies (I have tried various eco ones, but the mainstream ones are best for lack of leaks).

Why am I sat here close to tears about this?? It is a poo catcher fgs. :cry: :cry:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:19 pm

Awwwwwwwwwww HUGS!

Bless him poor wee man - I think you're right to do what you're doing, like you say if he's scared of them then it's not good...
We try so hard to do our best for our LOs and when you've put so much time and effort and thought and care into even something as simple as a poo catcher it is soul destroying to have seem wasted...

BTW I had the eczema thumb when I was a kid, ended up swapping thumbs in the end but it didn't stop me sucking it!! :oops:

Oooh double BTW I found that p*mpers were best for Isabelle as h*ggies left crystals all over her skin and she flared up again! She's allergic to disposables though so we've got total opposite babies! :roll:

Huge hugs xxxx

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:31 am

Velvetsteph wrote:Oooh double BTW I found that p*mpers were best for Isabelle as h*ggies left crystals all over her skin and she flared up again! She's allergic to disposables though so we've got total opposite babies! :roll:

i find the exact opposite!! Pampers explode every morning while huggies saty intact!!!

Previous

Return to Nappy Rash