hf1

Nappy rash query

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Nappy rash query

Postby northernruth » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:41 pm

One of the ladies on my other board has posted the following query on our cloth nappy thread - wondered if any of you ladies could help? I have suggested stripping but can't think of anything else.........from memory she uses a 2 part system with PUL wraps

"Well for the first time we have a problem using washables...

Joshua has the most shocking nappy rash (all up the front of him, not his bottom) and I've had to keep putting him back into disposables because I think the washables are rubbing it and making it worse. It started a bit when we were on hol and i put it down to the fact we didn't have a bath so maybe he was getting a bit sandy... but it went away and then back and now I can't seem to get rid of it.... tried sudecrem and bepanthen, and camomile tea... hv suggests maybe an antifungal incase it's got a bit thrush-like. It seemed to be improving yesterday so put him in washable overnight and again this am and it's awful again. Red, red red down his legs and around his boy parts and then rash right up to his waistline where the nappy comes up to.

Any ideas folks? I don't want to give up on my washables... but it's not looking good at the moment "

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Nappy rash query

Postby dawnsmummy » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:53 pm

omg, dawn has this atm! nappy rash just on her front but her bum is clean as a whistle! :-?

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:54 pm

Number one PM her and point here here at the nappy rash section and stickys therein... (and where I'll move this in a min...)

Number two - what temperature does she wash at - 60 is a must when you've got a rash...

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:57 pm

This sounds exactly like a problem I've had with Archie in the past, so would be interested to see what people think. I too have tried the anti fungal cream which helps a bit, and have been trying a nappy cream whose name I dont know, but it smells of lanolin, a friend gave it to me, any ideas anyone?

Anyhow this cream seems to moisturise and protect, plus clear up the rash when it comes.

The only thing that works for Archie, is to literally change him every hour and a half to 2 hours, or if we're at home have no nappy at all on. The problem seems a lot better if we use purely fitteds and wool, in fact at night when I dont change him every couple of hours the only way he wakes up not sore is if he is in a fitted and wool.

My avatar
northernruth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby northernruth » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:49 pm

Thanks ladies, I have pointed her in the direction of this thread and this board so hopefully she will be able to get some answers :D

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:21 am

Velvetsteph wrote:
Number two - what temperature does she wash at - 60 is a must when you've got a rash...

So even with a regular nappy rash I should be washing at 60? Riles gets a bit every now and again - she's teething :crossbaby:

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:29 am

i only was at 60every few washes to save elastic :)

[ Mobile Post ] Image

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:56 am

We always wash at 60. Bella is prone to thrush and everytime we change back to washing at 40, it reappears. Never had any problems with the elastics on my nappies - I just seem to buy preloved nappies with dodgy elastic :-?

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:52 pm

tanya2007 wrote:We always wash at 60. Never had any problems with the elastics on my nappies - I just seem to buy preloved nappies with dodgy elastic :-?

WSS

Return to Nappy Rash