hf1

Sukhi - your questions:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Sukhi - your questions:

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:03 pm

caeganol wrote:Couple of questions????????

The bepanthen, can I use this when LO has a nappy rash and still use reusables. This week have been using sudocream and spoises, I don't like not being able to use cloth.

or does any one know if I can use a cream that will go with cloth for nappy rash or do I have to have him on sposies when he has a rash???????

Shea butter--same question an I use cloth nappies with these when LO has a rash???????

It feels like the nursery has won over my desire to have him in cloth. It seems like that they don't want the rash to get better. I know it doesn't make sense, why would anyone do that.

But I so want him backin the lovely nappies that I have.
please help.

Since he was born this is the first time he has had a nappy rash. I haveonly ever used the sudocrem once before thsi time. I am soooooooooo angry and seems to be finding faults in the staff at the nursery. I know I shouldn't.

Thanks for listening.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:06 pm

You can use any creams with cloth really but the thing is if you plaster it on thickly (which you're not supposed to do anyway as it stops the skin breathing) then that will clog the liners and your nappies will leak...

I always use cloth as Isabelle is allergic to disposables and also allergic to sudocreme - I use shea butter during the day but at night it seems to make the nappies leak.

If you look on the top tips thread there is a link to angel baby bottom balm which is fab stuff and doesn't seem to cause leaks...

I also think you need to have SERIOUS words with the nursery manager and explain that this is the first time he's had a rash since he's been born and nursery is the only thing you're doing different...

I know how frustrating it is as I do find fault with the staff at Isabelle's nursery over their nappy changing techniques... E.g. they don't take trousers off - just down so she often doesn't get cleaned properly as how can they reach everything while her trousers are still on?!
Ah don't get me started :)

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:11 pm

Hannah recommended me to try Drapolene nappy rash cream - boots had it and I also saw it in local independent chemists - its not as heavy or clogging as sudocrem and on the label even mentions using it with cloth nappies.

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:18 pm

I've always used creams with a paper liner and no probs with my nappies.

I would definitely talk to the nursery, you are paying them to look after your baby - and if he is getting a rash because they don't change him enough then they need to do something different.

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:08 pm

Sukhi - how many nappies do the nursery use in a day? We pack 5 nappies for nursery, they normally change Kayleigh 4 times during the day, but some days when she has had en extra poo she gets changed 5 times. In order for them to change Kayleigh 4 times she gets changed at 9:30, 11:30, 2:00 and 4:00. This means that sometimes a nappy they pack in her wet nappy bag is actually dry, but I would prefer that than them not looking. Those are the times they use for all the kids (and the rest of them are in sposies).

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:39 pm

AnnetteandBen wrote:Hannah recommended me to try Drapolene nappy rash cream - boots had it and I also saw it in local independent chemists - its not as heavy or clogging as sudocrem and on the label even mentions using it with cloth nappies.

I remember now! I forgot it said that, which was another reason I bought it... that and the "antiseptic" and this was a while ago... her touch has never been better STILL. Usually she has got it back again by now :roll:

Return to Nappy Rash