hf1

what has your gp prescribed for nappy rash?

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:15 am

Thank you for all the advice - I am thinking of trying to get gp appointment with my gp for Ben tomorrow as it is still only getting worse, so we need an antiboitic cream too by the sounds of it.

Luckily nappy off time is not being so bad now - he managed a straight 2 hours with nothing hiding his bits yesterday - we started by laying down with him on the floor so he knew he wasn't going back anywhere nasty and we were still there giving cuddles. So strictly giving him a min of hour a day.

Bathing in only camomille tea and the wipes seem to be working well - so now I need to make a whole load more of terry and fleece wipes.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:42 pm

AnnetteandBen wrote:Ben came home from hospital with his patch on bum (aged 9 days) and for the first 7 or 8 days of his life Ben was on IV antibiotics twice a day (first for side effects of being born so long after my waters broke and GBS, then because they were waiting for the cultures to grow to see if he had any virus from the sample taken from his spine like mengintis.

Annette this is what happened to us... I think we got fusemide or something which is stronger than daktarin in the end, and I'm convinced it was the antibiotics given as a precautionary measure that Isabelle was given, that caused her horrendous rash, - looking back it's not that dissimilar to Ben's...

Glad the cammomile is helping - hope the GP gives you something tomorrow...

Previous

Return to Nappy Rash