hf1

Nappy free night - am I mad?

My avatar
*tinkerbellarella*
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Nappy free night - am I mad?

Postby *tinkerbellarella* » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:04 pm

hmmmm true, have wondered that actually, nappies had an unexpected stripping session tonight so hoping that might help the wee man. i wonder does he also drink water hun? that would dilute the wee making it less strong against his skin. just a thought, brainstorming here out loud! trying to think what we did last time little man got a bit sore, never used cream on him yet, that bepathen is still on the side. erm, u using just water to cleanse? tried changing every hour or so, yep i'd prob do the same as u come to think about it, i think air was what did the trick last time

My avatar
mamaellie
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby mamaellie » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:06 pm

I did this for Juliet's naps yesterday as she had it quite badly, too. She's a seriously heavy wetter so I was worried about it, but a couple of towels worked perfectly and the air seemed to do it good as she's looking almost 100% better tonight. Hope the air helps your little guy's bum, too!

Oh and used a flannel blanket to cover her so she wasn't cold, but you could use a towel, too, I would think.

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby becky1978 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:13 pm

Thanks so much guys for all your help and advice, I am literally close to tears here just thinking about it.

My plan of attack is:

Let him stay nappy free tonight,
check him every couple of hours at least and change any wet prefolds for dry ones,
keep checking if he's warm enough (he has on a short sleeved and long sleeved t shirt, and 2 fleece blankets, but the room is only showing as 16 degrees at the mo :-?
see how he is in the morning and if it's no better take him to the docs (I just read in the nappy rash section a post about someone (AnnetteandBen maybe?) who's lo was getting really bad rash and it turned out his zinc levels may be low due to prematurity which makes them susceptable (sp?) to more infections etc so i will enquire about this too as Archie was 8 weeks early.

FC it looks better in the morning, well it couldnt be much worse :(

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:42 pm

I don't think you're mad at all!

Have you read the posts in the nappy rash section? (I'll move this there in amin) - have you tried wet fleece liners? Soak them in cammomile tea and put in his nappy wet - only clean him if he poos don't wipe if he's just wee'd...

What creams have you tried? Angel Baby Bottom balm is the one I swear by as do many others - it has worked where traditional thick barrier cream types have failed...

:hug:

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:57 pm

:hug: :hug: :hug:

if you use washable wipes then it is worth using roibos tea, it has worked a treat on Blake when he has been sore although it horribly stains wipes and stinks (so I usually stick to camomile tea). I think JennyPenny on here used to bath her LOs in roibos tea.

have you tried nappies without fleece as he may be having a reaction to the fleece?

lanisnoh has worked wonders very quickly when Blake has had a sore bum, silk liners are also quite good when they are sore

Nappyless at home sounds like a good idea whilst he is so sore. If Blake is a bit sore we use no pul, he just wears a nappy with no wrap and I change is as soon as he does a wee (or if we go out he wears fleece or wool)

My avatar
clairelana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby clairelana » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:57 pm

Kaydi has a really sore rash it has blisters is horrid.

I have stopped using fleece linned nappies which seemed to help. I only had a fleece linned NN the other night and its back really red and sore with blisters. :roll:
I do what Steph said I dont wipe if she just does a wee, if you wipe it just irritates it more.
I keep her nappy off as much as possible, if were at home she is nappy free.

I did put her to bed for her afternoon nap nappy free. I put lots of prefolds with a large hemp insert under it with a fleece blanket over it. When she woke she was dry because of the fleece. I put loads of cream on her.

Usually I would put her in disposables for a day and night to clear it. Lana has PT so we dont have any anymore. :D I hate them :giggle:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:32 am

:hug: :hug: :hug: How did it go?

I was going to suggest putting a fleece blanket on top of all the prefolds etc to keep her actually body dry, see Claire did that with success.

Hope it looks better this morning. :hug:

My avatar
becky1978
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Nappy free night - am I mad? - *UPDATE PG 2*

Postby becky1978 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:06 am

Well it went really well last night, checked on Archie before we went to bed and he was a little damp as if he'd just done one wee maybe, so he came in with us (brave I know, but he generally ends up in with us at the mo when we go to bed, but that's a whole other story!!!)

He then slept the whole night without waking once (unheard of especially the last few nights when he's woken up crying at least 4 times - I'm wondering now if it was pain from the horrid rash?? :shock: ) and the best bit - DID NOT WEE ONCE!!!!

He then weed as soon as he woke up, but hey at least we didn't have to get up in the night to change the bed!! And the rash is looking much much better today, but I've stil made a docs appointment as the end of his winky has like an open sore on it :(

My avatar
emmajayne33
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby emmajayne33 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:11 am

:wine: glad it has helped. Hope the Dr has some advice for you. :hug: :hug:

PreviousNext

Return to Nappy Rash